Default Lucas on Flo this weekend Brownstown and Atomic

James solo on the mic is a beautiful thing, HOF is a jack of all trades and a treat to listen to.

Fast49 deck height is at least 7 foot when at full poke. But he's fast again. Looks like track could be little moister.

I prefer James doing solo.

Atomic is a beautiful track on TV. Super racy joint too. IMO they should just send all those mod guys home, tell them let's try next week. If you do it same next week, we wait until week after. Either straighten up or you ain't racing.

RJ Conley is off Moran's Christmas card list.

How many races ran or cars you've owned ktm???.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    I prefer James doing solo.
    James without question is top shelf and can certainly pull it off solo but I don’t have a problem with Dustin Jarret I think they’re a great team

Atomic seems to take rubber more now than it ever has. I don't know if it's a track thing, or having everyone on the same tire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Atomic seems to take rubber more now than it ever has. I don't know if it's a track thing, or having everyone on the same tire thing.
    I follow one guy who works at atomic, he says it’s either rubbering or rough. Can’t quite figure it out

Track seemed to be very racey in the feature. Good show. Even better outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    How many races ran or cars you've owned ktm???.
    If you don't own a car or drive you can't have an opinion? I stand corrected.

Nope, sure can't cry about other divisions. Primadona fans, drivers, and car owners are down fall of dirt racing. Whole I spend the most so get what want attitudes. Mods are headliners in other area's. Support divisions where the next stars come from. Be happy they ran just couple good Support classes and not 10 like others.

I think Atomic is a neat race track but I don't understand the exposed wall going into 3. Both series harp on driver safety yet we allow this to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    I think Atomic is a neat race track but I don't understand the exposed wall going into 3. Both series harp on driver safety yet we allow this to exist.
    Atomic actually had a wall nearly all the way around for a very brief period of time. All the concrete blocks that now form the wall around the infield on the inside of the track were set up as an outside wall from the middle of 1 and 2 around to the middle of the backstretch. It was still in the process of being finished and no catch fence was up yet when they hosted an All Star Sprint series race for Ohio Speedweek. They had some wrecks where the cars were wrecking on top of the new wall and catapulting off of it. I think the straw that broke the camels back was a car flipping out of the park going into 3 and the car hit the side of the grandstand. I don’t remember details of the aftermath between the All Stars and Atomic, but I think an ultimatum was issued and Atomic changed the configuration of the new wall.

https://youtu.be/10Ui6gf4cCk?si=Q6tsKwo_dfKEVhUi

^^ back when the Karshners owned it, the wall stopped about halfway through turn 4. When Neir bought, he moved the wall out to where it was, then Brad moved it out even more . Which is when the whole debacle happened the night the car flipped into the stands.

That place doesn't look anything like it did 20-30 years ago. The added wall in 3, and the change to 1&2 definitely changed the way the place races.