Default Rear Tire Stagger or De-Wedged?

With so much importance being put on the left rear, drive, hike etc and weight transfer to the right front, are teams or has anyone here experimented with de-wedging the car? Reverse stagger? I saw a pic a few mins ago of a top running local/regional drivers car, from the rear. The car is hiked, right front is cambered over but looking at the rear tires, I swear it look like there's no stagger or even a larger left rear. Not by much but it looks that way. Would a larger left rear help in preloading wedge or weight transfer to the front on top of shock/spring transfer? The car in question is an XR1.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    With so much importance being put on the left rear, drive, hike etc and weight transfer to the right front, are teams or has anyone here experimented with de-wedging the car? Reverse stagger? I saw a pic a few mins ago of a top running local/regional drivers car, from the rear. The car is hiked, right front is cambered over but looking at the rear tires, I swear it look like there's no stagger or even a larger left rear. Not by much but it looks that way. Would a larger left rear help in preloading wedge or weight transfer to the front on top of shock/spring transfer? The car in question is an XR1.
    The lr grows up the straight from the low air pressure and inertia. It's typically spinning more too. It's like a top fuel dragster burnout.

This is beneficial as you have more stagger in the corner and it comes out on the straight.

There's a million different ways to alter tire loads. Yes, that would be one of them.

FYI, load only transfers to the front when the car is slowing. When the car accelerates, and the rf smashed, weight is transferring front to rear on the whole. Any increase in rf weight would have to come from the LF.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

At the end of the day, there are just a few ways to improve speed.

1) gain more tire load (all tires) without upsetting balance or creating excess drag
    2) improve weight distribution at various points in the lap, without hurting other points bad enough to break even or lose more speed
    3) improve tire alignment (with each other or the track surface)at
    various points in the lap, without hurting other points bad enough to break even or lose more speed
    4) smooth out tire loading that causes tires to break traction
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-29-2024 at 04:39 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

That looks like an older chassis. The rear tires do look like they are almost the same size. The first thing that I noticed when I looked at the picture was that the car looks like it is almost at the center of the corner, and it is not counter steering nearly as much as the current stuff usually is counter steering. If this setup turns in well enough, then I suspect is will be real fast. The current setups will be the old outdated stuff soon enough. The cars simply cannot continue to soften the rf and add more left rear hike. Rules are limiting lr hike, and tire wear is becoming a huge problem on rubbered up tracks over 3/8. I really suspect that 5 years from now, the hot setup for large rubbered up tracks will be something alot different from what we see most running today.

Quote Originally Posted by LRtireCHANGER View Post
    That looks like an older chassis. The rear tires do look like they are almost the same size. The first thing that I noticed when I looked at the picture was that the car looks like it is almost at the center of the corner, and it is not counter steering nearly as much as the current stuff usually is counter steering. If this setup turns in well enough, then I suspect is will be real fast. The current setups will be the old outdated stuff soon enough. The cars simply cannot continue to soften the rf and add more left rear hike. Rules are limiting lr hike, and tire wear is becoming a huge problem on rubbered up tracks over 3/8. I really suspect that 5 years from now, the hot setup for large rubbered up tracks will be something alot different from what we see most running today.
    That picture is on exit and it's a xr1 crate car. The track is also typically very slick despite how it was in that picture

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    At the end of the day, there are just a few ways to improve speed. 1) gain more tire load (all tires) without upsetting balance or creating excess drag 2) improve weight distribution at various points in the lap, without hurting other points bad enough to break even or lose more speed 3) improve tire alignment (with each other or the track surface)at various points in the lap, without hurting other points bad enough to break even or lose more speed 4) smooth out tire loading that causes tires to break traction
    Very well put.
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14