Default Rear deck height

Theres some pics going around from Talladega, where a computer program could measure the deck height from some pics. He had Overtons deck height at 56" plus. Is that possible and still pass droop at the end of the race?

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO25 View Post
    Theres some pics going around from Talladega, where a computer program could measure the deck height from some pics. He had Overtons deck height at 56" plus. Is that possible and still pass droop at the end of the race?
    Yes, it is.

I been having the same problem. As long as officials only check droop, I’ll pass. But, I might not pass deck height because how I’m setup and the rear t-bar bottomed out and trimmed. In which deck height is not in race attitude, so maybe measuring deck height is obsolete.

The droop measurement isn't race attitude either. Old school deck height or droop are both a reference height where there are so many possibilities to have your on-track blade much higher than another guy.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Tony, Typically if they are using a droop rule the ride hieght deck measurement isn't used or checked. Lucas or WoO only check the RR at ride height and then left is only the checked during droop check.

Typically many cars will be 40 to 41ish at ride (unless you don't know the tricks to get it to check short at tech) to get to max on the droop check. At a lucas/woo show during pre-tech, you just have them check droop and while they do that you crank the deck t bar to what your comfortable with on measurement to be safe and what it is at ride doesn't matter. JFYI
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 04-02-2024 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks. I am at that 40-41” range at ride on the left side. We were good with droop at the ULMS PPMS race a couple weeks ago and I actually could have raised the deck. My only concern was for local tracks teching the deck only. I’ll plead my case if I have any issues. Lol.

We race a bunch of different series, some do droop some do deck hieght, it's simpler and easier to NOT adjust the LR chain length (to not mess with set up) and just adjust the deck. I have the T-bar marked with 2 marks, one for droop and one for the deck hieght and just adjust it between the 2 rules.

That's my recommendation for a non full time non professional racing team.

Can one simulate that in the shop or are there some other forces at work?

Can one simulate that in the shop or are there some other forces at work?
    Simulate what?

I can check deck hieght like they do on the droop check and me right on the 51" legal limit and then put the car at actual race attitude (using data on shock travels at some particular point on the track) and it can be over 54"

If you don't know what your doing, then yes you may not get over the 51" in actual race mode. But its all about getting the deck to measure low on the droop check. It's easy to get an extra 2 to 2.5" on that, meaning when other similar cars with the same length LR chain will check 51" but yours will check 48.5" so you can raise the deck that 2.5" and be that much more at attitude.
    Last edited by billetbirdcage; 04-03-2024 at 02:05 PM.

Simulate on track deck height in the shop.

You commented using data on shock travels showed your deck height was over 54"

In other words, can i get 54" plus in the shop and let it off the jack and still be at 51?

Simulate on track deck height in the shop.

You commented using data on shock travels showed your deck height was over 54"

In other words, can i get 54" plus in the shop and let it off the jack and still be at 51?
    You will need more than a jack. A jack does not simulate on track forces or the correct roll center
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Thats what I was asking, can on track deck height be replicated on the shop floor?

Our local tracks only check deck height during pre-tech, so I want to get as much as I can on the track!

Thats what I was asking, can on track deck height be replicated on the shop floor?

Our local tracks only check deck height during pre-tech, so I want to get as much as I can on the track!
    If you have telemetry data you can use setup sticks to get pretty close
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Just thinking here but if one were to remove all the springs and with four jacks under the frame, get the car at "on track" attitude, nose down and ass up, based on shock travel indicators one could get close enough.
    The most important is going to the RF down raises the blade, the RR down raises the LR blade, LF effects the RR.
    Also moving the decking left get more out of it out in the breeze. For that matter, the whole (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) deck is a spoiler and the part in the back is just an extension.