Tyler Stevens Rallies for Poplar Bluff CCSDS $5,000 Triumph
Lucas Oil MLRA Spring Nationals at Lucas Oil Speedway Up Next

SEARCY, Ark. (04/07/24) – Tyler Stevens topped a spirited battle with Logan Martin to score Friday night’s COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Super Late Model feature win at Poplar Bluff Motorsports Park aboard his Keith Hammett Trucking & Construction LLC / James A. Rogers Excavating No. 2 Pitts Fuel Investments / WABAM / Longhorn by Wells Motorsports / Mod Co Racing Engine Super Late Model.

“I ran the bottom there and had (my crew guy) telling me to move up down there in (turns) one and two and it started to clean up kinda around the top,” Stevens said in Victory Lane on Friday night. “So, (I) went up there and I got a little bit tight there once getting in and Logan (Martin) got a run on me and me and him started racing pretty hard there. He was way up in (the cushion) down there and I was kind of a lane down, but if I could enter straight and keep my car straight, man it was really, really good. It’s been a long week, we did a chop, cut, rebuild and it’s definitely paying off though.

“These races are hard to win, no matter where it’s at, Super Late Model racing is tough. Anytime you can get a win, it’s definitely top tier.”

Tyler Stevens scored a hard-fought COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) win at Missouri’s Poplar Bluff Motorsports Park on Friday, earning $5,000 for his efforts in the first of a two-event weekend for the tour.

After spending the week solving some major issues with his No. 2 Super Late Model, Stevens was among 28 CCSDS competitors at Poplar Bluff on Friday evening. He turned in the fifth-quickest time in his group qualifying session on the 3/8-mile oval, then drove from third to first in his heat race. He started the 35-lap main event from the pole and paced the first 12 circuits. He relinquished the top spot to Logan Martin on the next lap but wrestled the lead back from him on Lap 27 after a spirited battle.

Stevens showed the way for the remainder of the race to score his first feature triumph of the year, taking the checkered flag 3.870 seconds in front of Martin. Morgan Bagley came home third, with Dillon McCowan and Matt Cooper rounding out the top five. Stevens' win was the fifth of his career in CCSDS competition.

The next night, the CCSDS schedule shifted to Harrisburg, Arkansas, for the $5,000-to-win Cow Patty at Old No. 1 Speedway. The event brought 33 CCSDS competitors to the quarter-mile speed plant. Stevens was sixth in his group during qualifying and finished third in his heat. He started the 40-lap feature from 11th on the grid and quickly picked up five spots. However, the car’s battery shorted out during the race, resulting in the loss of all power. Stevens ultimately came home in the 22nd position.

“We had a hot rod in the feature again on Saturday night, but a mechanical issue got the best of us and took away our chances at a win. Still a solid weekend for us, and now we are gearing up for the (Lucas Oil) MLRA openers at Wheatland (Lucas Oil Speedway),” Stevens said.

Full weekend results are at www.COMPdirt.com.

The upcoming weekend has the team headed northwest to Lucas Oil Speedway (Wheatland, Mo.) for the 11th annual Spring Nationals. The Lucas Oil Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA) doubleheader posts a $7,000 top prize on Friday and a whopping $20,000 winner’s check on Saturday evening.

Full event details are available at www.LucasOilSpeedway.com .

Tyler Stevens thanks his marketing partners, which include Keith Hammett Trucking & Construction LLC, James A. Rogers Excavating, Pitts Fuel Investment, Mod Co Racing Engines, WABAM, Southern Belle, D&D Well Services, SFP Performance Systems, A2Z Racing Products, MI Truck Center, Longhorn Chassis by Wells Motorsports, Swift Springs, Penske Shocks, TruForm Race Products, PRO Fabrication, Wehrs Machine & Racing Products, Close Racing Supply, Steering Buddy, FK Rod Ends, Shell Shock, Sweet Manufacturing, Fragola Performance Systems, Wilwood Disc Breaks, Simpson Race Products, Gale Force, Hoosier Tire, Earnhardt Technologies Group, Walker Filtration Products, Bert Transmissions, Schaeffer’s Lubricants, QuickCar Racing Products, RUSH Race Gear, Dylan Scott, SRI Racing Products, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on, please visit www.TylerStevensRacing.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)