Thread: Eldora

Default Eldora

I’ve said over the past 10 or so years that Eldora just doesn’t race like it once did, and the banking has been decreased. Then I heard over the winter, that whomever, once again, has messed with the banking.

Hmmmmm?

Then last night someone mentioned in an interview on Flo the track has been changed, not like it use to be.

Then when reading IOW, blam’o to my eyes, it’s call “Nuttered” by two posters.

https://www.indianaopenwheel.com/sho...d.php?t=125501

I wonder if the Late Model guys will notice a difference, and if you guy will notice a difference?

I still like the old girl, but man I miss the days of old Eldora.

Maybe they plan on slowing it down enough to get more NASCAR and wingless sprint car races? This is sounding very dissapointing. Slowing down all areas of the track to race the same lap times, has never been the right way to go. Just my opinion.

It's hard enough to contend with all the cars on the track, and now have to fight the track also.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRAYrJkqF8U

Here is the USAC Sprint race on 5-3-24. You can tell a difference, they did keep the dust though!!!
    Last edited by Buford.Justice; 05-04-2024 at 04:17 PM.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

They tried new clay a few years ago then scraped it all off. Maybe the resurfaced it this time.

I watched some good racing this weekend. Between the sprints at Eldora, the Kentucky Derby and the Nascar race

I was at Eldora Saturday night. If they took some banking out, it did not stop the sprint cars drivers from running the wall. Two bad _ss sprint car features with plenty of slide jobs. And plenty of dust. I swear they put less water down for the open wheel races.

The biggest problem at Eldora for the late models is the aero. It has gotten so bad over recent years. The last real good 100 lapper there was when B Shep won the Dream in 2019. It's basically 5 cars that have a real shot to win there these days.

Well said chathamracefan!