Default will 5.0 4 speed fit 2.3

will it fit bell housing and all Thanks

u can make anythin fit. but yall think that a v-8 trannie fist a 4cyl?

I have had 3 people tell me they think so but I would think a 5.0 belhousing would be much wider Thanks for any help

It is not the bell housing, You cant use a V-8 bellhousing on the 2-3. But There are some 5.0 transmissions that use the same transmission to bell housing bolt pattern. But you will have to check to make sure that the input shaft is the right lenght and the pilot bearing is the proper size for the 2.3. I think the T-5 / 2.3 bellhousing will bolt up some of the 5.0 4 speeds. But you really need to put them side by side and measure it out to be sure.

ever thnk that mayb the guy wants the gear in the v-8 trannie cuz it''ll work better 4 him?

own a ford dealer? i find that hard to belive cuz ud find the anser b4 u posted u have parts catalog, mechanics, parts guys and a large pile of manuals that would have the answers.

Thanks guys the reason I asked was because I found 2 4 speeds a guy was using in a 5.0 car but I think I'll just use the ranger 4 speed I got and switch to hyd clutch

ford dealer owner? yea rite. u woudnt need him to contact u. cuz if u realy knew the answer u woulda posted it to begin with. the real answer is it wont fit cuz bellhousings are totaly diffrent and ford makes like a dozen diff 4speeds just for the 4bangers.

Quote Originally Posted by 29 avenger View Post
    will it fit bell housing and all Thanks
    In a word "NO".

... but you could probably sell those two V8 T5's to the drag guys and get enough to buy a half dozen 4 cyl 4speeds and T5's.
    Oval racing helps you unwind because you race counter clockwise.

2007 and 2008 Ohsweken Speedway MiniStock Champion
    2007 and 2008 Merrittville Speedway 4 Cylinder Champion
    2009 Humberstone Speedway MiniStock All Canadian Champion

ok, now i will give you the correct answer, the t5 case is the same for all the transmissions, any trans will bolt to any bell, the 5.0 and 2.3 use a different input shaft, which can be changed, however the 2.3 and 5.0 use quite different gear ratios so be careful with what you decide to do, i'm with pitmanarm tho, the 5.0 trans are way more valuable than the 2.3 trans, sell the 5.0 trans and splurge and find yourself a 87-88 turbo coupe tranny and you will be in great shape, you will prolly still have some beer money left over

Correct the T-5 cases are the same but not all the 4 speed cases are the same as the 2.3 and pinto transmissions The SROD V-8 4 speeds are the same as the T-5 but 1 inch longer input shaft. I need to use a steel bellhousing on my 5.0 ranger and use the shift rail 4 speeds and have to have the input shaft re-ground 1 in shorter. I use the Mustang bellhousing for the T-5 to bolt the V-8 4 speed.

So in short he may have to measure out what he has, He could use the T-5 bell housing from the 4 cylinder and bolt up the V-8 4 speed to that and make it all work.

wtf is yall talkin bout t5's wen the op's ques was bout 5.0 4speed. freakin dumbasses