Default Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins pole for 2011 Daytona 500. Your thoughts?

Dale Earnhardt Jr. wins the pole fr the 2011 Daytona 500. Jeff Gordaon qualified 2nd making it a all Hendrick front row. The 2011 Budweiser shootout was awesome. Man where they haulin some @**.
    Nathan Stephens -
    you know me as either - nathans101 or nathans1012
    new computer and new screen name and password for 4M.net

Midwest Dirt Racing (covering tracks across the U.S)
    Added a new Page: Late Model Touring Schedules
    www.midwestdirtracing.webs.com

2011 Race Count
    Brownstown Speedway - 1
    Fairbury American Legion Speedway - 1
    Hartford Motor Speedway - 1
    Illiana Motor Speedway - 2
    Kankakee County Speedway - 5
    Shadyhill Speedway - 2
    Total # of Races in 2011 - 12

Thumbs up win

he can win it if he;s in the right place. . . . comeing to the Flag........

Looks like NASCAR gave him that "special" restrictor plate again, obviously they also told him which bottle to pick for the Bud Shootout. They're doing everyhting they can to get that boy a win and he still can't get out of his own way.

well said ptown

I agree ptown summed it up. They could not try harder to fix races for him.

ya it's the 3rd year in a row for gordaon's new crew chief.the guy that jr didn't want because he wasn't good enough for jr.I'll bet gordaon push's jr to the front to show he's team player.

Does this actually surprise anyone ??? After all this is the tenth anniversary of daddy's passing !!!! Look for that big plate to get a lot of use this week !!!!

Default I can feel the Love

......It's dripping off the screen of my laptop!

Default I AGREE with ptown too

Dale Earnhardt jr. couldn't lead a 1 car parade...This is getting really hokey...Who's running this show now Vince McMahon of BIG TIME wrestling????

You guys act like the fastest car always wins

In JRs case the fastest car never wins.

Quote Originally Posted by TackyTracker View Post
    You guys act like the fastest car always wins

Daytona is now officially a disaster and or joke. Take your pick. As for qualifying there, why bother? It means nothing. But it gives attention to Nascar's two biggest stars who the media can drool over for the next week. We have a has been and a never was, but that is another story.

That you Tonto?

I disagree 100%. There is nothing fishy about Dale Jr getting the pole at Daytona. Dale Jr has ALWAYS ran good at Daytona and Talladega. He barely beat Jeff Gordon for the pole. If NASCAR rigged it he would've set fast time by a larger margain. 3 of the 4 Hendrick cars qualified good. Personally, I just think it's a Hendrick thing.

Jr. WILL NOT be starting from the pole at the 500. His primary car got wrecked in practice today and he will have to go to a back-up car.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by C4Vette View Post
    Jr. WILL NOT be starting from the pole at the 500. His primary car got wrecked in practice today and he will have to go to a back-up car.

Jr is an average driver at best, he is in the best equipment, now another crew chief
    and finally they move his shop to share with Jimmy Johnson, you think they arent
    going all out to see if they can help him?
    Unless he is in a restrictor plate race or the car is absolutely perfect at the other tracks, he is a 15th place driver, check the stats for the past 2 years or more.

Default nascar by wwe in association with vince mcmahon

Quote Originally Posted by C4Vette View Post

Im sure nascar is trying to make/find a rule or a loophole to put jr back out front for the start of the great american joke.

Where you start at a super speedway never matters. It's how good you are on the day at reading the changing conditions and adjusting the car. Get it right you could start in the parking lot at the McDonald's across the street from the track and win it by a lap.

Quote Originally Posted by MBCustoms2815 View Post
    I disagree 100%. There is nothing fishy about Dale Jr getting the pole at Daytona. Dale Jr has ALWAYS ran good at Daytona and Talladega. He barely beat Jeff Gordon for the pole. If NASCAR rigged it he would've set fast time by a larger margain. 3 of the 4 Hendrick cars qualified good. Personally, I just think it's a Hendrick thing.
    The only thing I found "fishy" was when he crossed the line on his first lap he was 22(almost last if I remember correctly). When he tossed it into turn one he was 2nd. Then when he came out of two he was first. That is a rather large pickup if you ask me. And "setting it by a larger margin", you can't show'em everything you got, people will get suspicious. LOL
    TEAM WOMPUSCAT!

TEN-POINT-FIVE

Default And another thing..........

On one of Jrs. first leads, he actually dipped below 'a' yellow line. No, he didn't go below both of them, but he did dip below one of them. The words that came from the booth......"what a pass by Jr.".
    TEAM WOMPUSCAT!

TEN-POINT-FIVE