Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elite 8 at ponderosa and lake cumberland 4 weekends $8000 points money and two chassi

Ponderosa Speedway
    365 Phillips Lane
    Junction City, KY 40440
    2011 Media Release #1 (For Immediate Release- January 24, 2011)
    Contact- Michael Despain (mdespain7@aol.com and/or dirttrackracing@hotmail.com)

ELITE 8 Series Contested Between Ponderosa Speedway and Lake Cumberland Speedway in 2011

Junction City, KY- January 24, 2011- Track promoter Brandon Hardgrove is pleased to announce the formation of the ELITE 8 Series for 2011 between the pair of tracks he will be promoting, those being Ponderosa Speedway in Junction City, KY and Lake Cumberland Speedway in Burnside, KY.

The ELITE 8 Series will consist of eight separate nights of race action, with each track hosting four nights each of the series. The Super Late Model division will race for a minimum of $2,000 to win at these events and Open Wheel Modifieds will race for $1,000 to win at these events. Also in competition at these events will be Super Dirt Stocks for $500 to win, Pure Streets for $200 to win, and Front Wheel Drives for $150 to win.

There will be a money points fund between the two tracks that will see the Super Late Model and Open Wheel Modified division competitors competing for a season ending points payout, along with giveaways such as a new chassis from Killer Chassis and Revel Race Cars. The Super Late Model division will have an $8,000 total point fund and the Open Wheel Modified division will have a $4,000 total points fund. The Super Late Model division will compete with a hard tire rule on the rear (must durometer 60 or more) and will have an open tire rule on the front.

The ELITE Series will see its first weekend of action on Friday June 3 at Ponderosa Speedway and Saturday June 4 at Lake Cumberland Speedway. The second weekend of ELITE 8 events will take place on Friday July 22 at Ponderosa Speedway and Saturday July 23 at Lake Cumberland. The next to last weekend of the events for the points will take place on Friday September 16 at Ponderosa Speedway and Saturday September 17 at Lake Cumberland Speedway.

The final weekend for the ELITE 8 Series will see back-to-back nights of race action with a pair of traditional south central Kentucky events as the 21st Annual Fall Classic will tak place on Friday September 30 at Ponderosa Speedway, with the 21st Annual Lake Cumberland Classic going the next night on Saturday October 1 at Lake Cumberland Speedway. Both of those events will pay $4,000 to win each for Super Late Models that weekend.

Also up for grabs will be a free (KILLER CHASSIS) and (REVEL CHASSIS) along with points money given away to top runners in 2011 points system for events !!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks to both chassis builders for helps on improving local dirt track racing!!!!!!!!!!!
    For more information about the ELITE 8 Series, contact ELITE 8 Series founder Brandon Hardgrove at (606) 561-8994.
    Last edited by BHM; 02-23-2011 at 02:22 PM.

who all is planning on running this elite 8 series

COME ON MAN,quit playing around with this bull $hit and get some good cars here!! LUCAS OIL OR WOO. i bet you ant even fixed them nasty bathrooms at lcs!!!

Default Amen....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnut View Post
    COME ON MAN,quit playing around with this bull $hit and get some good cars here!! LUCAS OIL OR WOO. i bet you ant even fixed them nasty bathrooms at lcs!!!
    I hear ya on that tracks facilities. The grandstands in the pits are a joke.... They are also a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) good way to get hurt !!!! As far as the other 2 big series being there , we all know that ain't gonna happen..

come on down were doin lots of work here at lcs ive been a track promoter for a year and have learned alot and had to do things as money has allowed me so yes their is lots of things that i want to change and update and lots i have so keep bashin and ill try to keep a dirt track open for the racers and fans thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iant bashin bradon just stating facts!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnut View Post
    Iant bashin bradon just stating facts!!
    Maybe you could invest in the track and help improve the facilities!
    Heck man, How bout dropping 30k, and bring in the big boys!
    I'm behind you 100%.......c'mon, show the world how it's done!

keep up the good work brandon. these people don't stop to think that you promoters give them a great facilaty to come race an to watch great shows. their the ones that makes the rest rooms the way they are . it takes alot of money to fix up all that people tear up. i bet they don't make that kind of mess at hone. if you want to talk about restrooms i think i could say the worst by far is richmond. now as for good shows who ever said that only the woo or lucas guys was the only show in town. well i was at lcs all last year an there was some of the best races of any i had seen any where in tn, oh, or ind period. so dirtnut if you want to bash somethig before you give it a chance then you probably would be better off bashing yourself. i sure don't see you promoting anythig only bull crap so shut the heck up.

actually for ya info i have contacted lucas oil back as soon as last year was ended they was booked and im not ready for that but i want to give the best show with top quaility racing to fans however lcs is not ready for that yet im taking small steps for big things so get off my back and see what happens im not up to closing down and losing everything to satisfy only you lcs was better last year than past years i guarentee to anyone!!!handouts are welcome lol my end of march all improvements will be complete and we need more bleachers after that im doin my best i know how ......|Are big shows are maxed out compasity and happy about the growth of the track the fans wouldnt be there and keep coming back if i wasnt doin somethin right so bash some more!!!

Very well said Brandon. By far some of the best racing last year was seen at LCS. I want to say thank you for all the improvements that you have made and keep up the good work.

just keep doing what your doing brandon. the locals is where your best racing is at anyway and the ones that support you week after week. keep trying the way you are and it will pay off for you.

Brandon An idea I have always had is instead of charging your racers 25 bucks to get in the pits why dont you charge them 10 or 15.

Default I'll take this one!

Quote Originally Posted by rattler1 View Post
    Brandon An idea I have always had is instead of charging your racers 25 bucks to get in the pits why dont you charge them 10 or 15.
    The track is much like a business...they "the owner's or promoters" invest their personal and sometimes, other peoples money into the business venture hoping to make a profit and in turn.......feed themselves and their family. They also invest countless hours of time and energy. It is in fact, just like a job....I know, it sounds crazy!
    A lot of tracks "businesses" look for ways to entice racers "employees" to enter a race to, entertain paying consumers of closed circuit automotive competition.
    One of the ways to attract racers, is to give them an opportunity to have a chance to receive additional benefits. Entry fee's for entrance into the race preparation area is needed for accumulation, of additional benefits for the racers.
    When fans,friends and family pay the extra fee, it benefits that racetrack community. When casual fan, with no affiliation with competing race teams pay the extra fee, it sometimes can mean track "business venture capitalist" promoter can possibly serve his family a steak..........instead of mac and cheese....without milk...just water.
    I salute the casual pit wanderer.......All Hail

theres no possible way to charge 10 or 15 to get in pits business has to stay open and pay drivers and bills alot of people dont understand to open a track just for local event its atleast 12,000 toopen gats not countin monthly overhead and exspenses then on big show 20,000 to 30,000 so understand these racetracks are doin everything they can to stay open so would ya rather pay wat we do now or not have racetracks to go to !

Stickman Guest

I haven't been down to LCS yet, but if things at the Pond are as good or better than they were last year I'll be happy. And it sounds like it will be.

And wallcrusher you spoke the truth--these people that bash the hard working promoters are eager to complain but don't have what it takes to pitch in and help.

I'll tell you something else I just thought of. David Webb may not be on a national tour but he seems like a good driver to me. And he runs the pond and LCS all summer long. And there are others not quite as good but still entertaining, like the Lincoln Leadfoot.

Also have you heard of Mike Marlar dirtnut? Mike Marlar that's driving a Warrior house car and running Lucas this year? Guess where he ran about a million laps last year?
    Last edited by Stickman; 03-02-2011 at 09:25 AM.

i will tell you what stickman i have been going to the races for 10 years so what do u think dumb a $$!! BRADON if you cant run with the big dogs stay on the porch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and webb3 the only you put your 2 cents worth in hes giving one of you chassis away the only way you can get people to drive one!!
    Last edited by dirtnut; 03-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.

dirt nut your user name says it all u dam nut your just a jealous ass hole sounds as if to me u need to stay on your porch and pet your dog cause we dont need ya!!Lookin back its all you have done is bash me and other people but yet u still come down lol you must not have a life!!!
    Last edited by BHM; 03-02-2011 at 12:00 PM. Reason: wrong

hey bradon i ask you a question and you got smart!!!when i see you i will ask you straight up! ant nobody worried about you dude

That will be great im at the office 6 days a week so stop in pal

what office dog?