Default The Westminster Speedway Will Be Racing Saturday Night (3/19/11)

The Westminster Speedway will open up the "2011" Race Season on Saturday March,19th. The Westminster Speedway will be under the new Management of Johnny & Marie Raines. Johnny & Marie have been around Racing for several years now and have plans to make the Westminster Speedway the best Saturday night Racetrack around. Make plans now to make your first visit to "Johnny & Marie's Place" (The Westminster Speedway) You will be glad you did.

The Limited Latemodels will headline Saturday nights program. Limited Latemodels will qualify (2 laps) to determine the starting line up for their feature event. Limited Latemodels will compete under Southeastern Latemodel Sportsman Rules. Any and all rules for the (SLMSS) can be viewed on the Series website..... http://www.southeasternlatemodels.com .....Latemodels will line up and run the way they qualified.

The Fastrak Crate Latemodels will also be on Saturday's program. Fastrak Crate Latemodels will also qualify (2 laps) to set the field for their feature event. Any and all Rules and info on the Fastrak Crate Latemodels can be viewed on their website..... http://www.fastrakracing.com ....Fastrak Crate Latemodels will line up and run the way they qualified.

The Super Street~Stock 8 division will be on hand as well. Super Street~Stock 8's will run heat races (depending on Car count) to set the starting line up for their feature event. (8 or more) Cars signed in will get (2) Heat Races....(7 or less) will run (1) Heat Race.

The popular Pure Stock 8 division will also be in action on Saturday's program. This division will also run heat races (depending on Car count) to determine their feature line ups. (8 or more) Cars signed in will get (2) Heat Races....(7 or less) will run (1) Heat Race.

The Stock 4Cyl division will see action on Saturday's program. Stock 4Cyl's will run heat races (depending on Car count) to get the line up for their feature event. (8 or more) Cars signed in will get (2) Heat Races....(7 or less) will run (1) Heat Race.

The 4Cyl Front Wheel Drives will also run heat races (depending on Car count). (8 or more) Cars signed in will get (2) Heat Races....(7 or less) will run (1) Heat Race.

Gates will open @ 4pm / Drivers meeting @ 6:30pm / Hot Laps begin @ 7pm.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons
    www.southeasternlatemodels.com

Getting a lot of input from several Race Teams who are showing their interest in Westminster moving to Saturday nights. I do believe this will be a move in the right direction.
    Last edited by PaperMen; 02-19-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

Papermen,

Honestly, does it really make any sense to qualify and run a feature only? I sure miss the days of drawing at the pit gate/drivers meeting and running heats. I hope this doesn't hurt Westminster, I am glad it is open.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

This is what the Drivers want to do....they don't want to take a chance of tearing up their Car in a Heat Race. I know the Fans want to see the Heats but if you run heats in this area of the Country, you won't get any Latemodels! Without any Latemodels, the Fans will not show up. The non Latemodel divisions want as many heat races as they can get but as soon as they move up......they forget about heats.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

(24) Day's and counting till Opening Night...........
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

If the Rain holds off, there will be an Open Practice tomorrow (3/5/11) at the Westminster Speedway. Pit gate opens at noon...Practice starts at 2pm. Pits will be $10........./.........Grandstands are Free.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by PaperMen View Post
    This is what the Drivers want to do....they don't want to take a chance of tearing up their Car in a Heat Race. I know the Fans want to see the Heats but if you run heats in this area of the Country, you won't get any Latemodels! Without any Latemodels, the Fans will not show up. The non Latemodel divisions want as many heat races as they can get but as soon as they move up......they forget about heats.
    This is what's wrong with "racing" in the southeast. Drivers want to start heads-up because they are the fastest car all by themselves on the track. Thne they lead every lap and the fans talk about how great the race was (even though the top 10 started and finished in the same spot). Where I grew up "racers" knew they had to pass at least 8 - 10 to win the race. Down here they whine if they have to heat race...even if they start the heat races "heads-up".

Oh well, I guess you have to live with what you've got...
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post
    This is what's wrong with "racing" in the southeast. Drivers want to start heads-up because they are the fastest car all by themselves on the track. Thne they lead every lap and the fans talk about how great the race was (even though the top 10 started and finished in the same spot). Where I grew up "racers" knew they had to pass at least 8 - 10 to win the race. Down here they whine if they have to heat race...even if they start the heat races "heads-up".

Oh well, I guess you have to live with what you've got...
    Troy, you know that same road that brought you down here will lead you back.....

Just messing with you man. Where you heading next weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    Troy, you know that same road that brought you down here will lead you back.....

Just messing with you man. Where you heading next weekend?

Billy, you know if you took the same road north and saw a race, every week, where the winner came from 13th on back (in 30 laps) you'd agree...

Thinkin' Boyd's...don't know if I can make Cleveland. I'm the 4 y/o baseball coach now and we have jamboree day on Saturday. However, I feel a cough comin' on so maybe I'll be too sick for baseball. lol
    www.ctcphotos.com

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

I'll probably see you Friday night. Saturday night is out for me as well.

Look forward to it...maybe we can get dirtfan22 to come back down. We were both there for the Cabin race but, missed each other.
    www.ctcphotos.com

How far is this track from lavonia

20 something miles or so.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Moving to Saturday night is not a good idea. Three tracks (Lavonia, Westminster, and Toccoa) so close to each other, well there's just not enough cars to go around. I wish the tracks would work together instead of against each other. JMO