Default Rocky Top Raceway Under New Management

Rocky Top Raceway Under New Management

COAL GROVE, OH-As of March 24th, 2011, the Rocky Top Raceway is now under new management. Longtime RTR promoter T. J. Layne has now purchased an assignment for 50% of the shares of Rocky Top Raceway, Inc. Layne will also take over as the corporations President and Treasurer. Don Harmon will remain as owner of 50% of Rocky Top Raceway, Inc. and will remain the corporate Vice President. Harmon and Layne will both be the track promoters/operators.

“I am really excited and thankful for this opportunity to now take over 50% of the track”, stated T. J. Layne. “Rocky Top Raceway is a place that has meant a lot to me over the years, to now step into this role is such a huge honor. There’s no doubt that I will put my heart and soul into continuing to make Rocky Top Raceway a great place for fans and race teams alike.”

“I also have to say a huge thanks to Blaine and Sharon Evans”, stated Layne. “There’s special people that God puts in your life and they have certainly been that for me. Blaine was the one that gave me my first opportunity in this sport. If it wasn’t for him, there’s no doubt that I wouldn’t be where I am today in racing and in life. I can’t thank them enough for all they have done for me, it really means a lot.”

Layne, who is now 21 years old, has been a part of Rocky Top Raceway since its inaugural season in 2004. He was the PR director in 2004, then moved into the track promoter position in June of 2005 and has held that position since. In September of 2006 Layne became track announcer. He will continue the roles of promoter and PR director, but will step aside as track announcer for 2011. Layne is also the current owner of TL Enterprises of Ohio, LLC, a job services company that serves markets in Kentucky, Texas, and Louisiana.

The 2011 season for the Rocky Top Raceway will tentatively get underway on Saturday, April 9th with the annual Test N’ Tune day. Opening night for the tracks eighth season of racing will be on Friday, April 15th. Several announcements regarding the 2011 season will be made within the next three days. Among the announcements will be the complete 2011 schedule, new more family friendly ticket prices, higher weekly purses, facility upgrades, a new exciting weekly format, and new weekly fan promotions.

Please check www.rockytopraceway.net often to read all of the upcoming announcements.

Congrats T.J

Thumbs up

I think with the economy being bad, and gas prices rising it is going to hurt alot of people's decisions on how many nights a week they race, and how far away they are willing to travel.

With that said... Layne, the purses and payout for the classes are awesome, I hope you guys do really well. And its great what you are trying to do for the racers and fans. There aren't very many promotors or track owners out there that take as much initiative to do what you do as far as listening to what the people say.

With 201 not racing this year, hopefully most of their regulars support rocky top this season because several of their regulars raced quite a bit at rocky top last year and in years previous anyway. Throw in the guys that have supported your track from the Portsmouth area, and there should be a good race every week.

Good Luck T.J. I hope RTR does well

Later,

WV Race Fan

Well TJ never owned any of the track......unlike what he states in his little article above. It only took him a little under a month to dismantle it. Thats what you get with Don Harmon and a liar like TJ Layne.

That must be some sort of record to completely tank a track in under a month, and not even have a single race in the process. Good job TJ. Way to go buddy. I am sure you are really proud of yourself. Way to take complete advantage of Blaine Evans, who trusted you, and destroy the place.