Default North Georgia Speedway Back open ?

any news ?

the vrs race scheduled for this week has been cancelled so it aint looking good

I don't under stand how a man or men can make a commitment to people and then back out....My Daddy didn't raise me that way. Too many people have spent too much money and time to support the track and the people running it and now there standing here with there willy hanging in the wind...Just plan unprofessional....
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

as far as i can see the VRS/Stars race is still on N GA and the Series schedules
    Have Camera, Will Travel

Check Out My Pics @

http://mikessportsimages.com/

http://www.greenvalleyspeedway.com/

Smile Dod

The schedule on Dirt on Dirt says the VRS race is canceled for this weekend.

Chris Tilley told me on Thursday and also announced it at Tazewell on Saturday the NGS race was off.

Just went by the track and seen that gates where locked and no one was out there working look like a ghost town usually Timmy is working on track to get it ready for a big race.
    If it slings dirt and goes sideways & fast I like it......

Well it looks like we are let down again. So now what will the one man management do. Guess they didnt find and backers to open the track. I dnt know why they have not changed the web site for this weekends vrs because they have in fact called it off guess the vrs figured they better not wait till the last min for word if NGS will be open or not or maybe they got the samething we all get when we try and call The contact person listed on the web site. And that would be no answer and no returned calls. Why couldnt they just keep the track open it was running fine or it seemed like it. So now what just keep waiting or just call NGS done and closed and move on???????????

Well the bottom line is this, if he was making money and paying ALL the bills, Timmy or whoever, they would keep the track open. If they do not have the money or do not want to put anymore of their own money in to it then we can't blame them for shutting down. We got to understand more to running a track than just opening the gates and collecting money

Quote Originally Posted by otto9 View Post
    Well the bottom line is this, if he was making money and paying ALL the bills, Timmy or whoever, they would keep the track open. If they do not have the money or do not want to put anymore of their own money in to it then we can't blame them for shutting down. We got to understand more to running a track than just opening the gates and collecting money
    How dare you say that on 4m...don't you know that race fans "DESERVE" perfection everytime. Who cares if their armbands/tickets don't pay the bills...the track owner/promoter has an obligation (sp) to continue to lose money and provide "the people" racing! (which they'll bitch about when they get home)
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by bite me too View Post
    how dare you say that on 4m...don't you know that race fans "deserve" perfection everytime. Who cares if their armbands/tickets don't pay the bills...the track owner/promoter has an obligation (sp) to continue to lose money and provide "the people" racing! (which they'll bitch about when they get home)
    well said they just cant figure it out can they !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH YEAH BUY THE WAY TIMMY CALLED CHRIS TILLEY THE FOLLOWING DAY ,AND CANCELLED THE VRS RACES ............
    race race race

He had a money backer but timmy and the youngs didn't like his ideas and kicked him out and now they can't pull enough money together to run a race.....and the guy took all of the equipment to work the track with him.................so no money man no race track!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel really bad for all the fans and local racers. They dont deserve this. Just come on down to dixie we'll make yall feel at home lol.

North Ga web site says they are racing sat.

Well all we can say is that they tried and hope someone gets in there next year keeps the track going.I think its time for someone else to give it a try and hopefully get the track where it needs to be.But would like to think Timmy for his efforts and hard work he put in to it and I'm sure it's alot harder than everyone on here thinks it is to run a track.
    If it slings dirt and goes sideways & fast I like it......

I agree robbie it has to be a tuff azz job trying to bring the track back to where it needs to be but i think the way things
    are around here far as jobs and such things as that its a dog eat dog world now days but thanks timmy and crew for the job yall have done nga was coming on strong just hope this aint the last of her.

Quote Originally Posted by #444dirtfan View Post
    he had a money backer but timmy and the youngs didn't like his ideas and kicked him out and now they can't pull enough money together to run a race.....and the guy took all of the equipment to work the track with him.................so no money man no race track!!!!!!!!!!!
    it hasn't left the grounds yet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    race race race

if they are going to do anything they had better get their act together sometime soon because if they dont all the cars and fans will have started going somewhere else and it will be hard to get them back.

The sad thing is that from what i could tell by results & posts on here they had almost backed Monty @ Cleveland up against the wall. His car counts were down and he had canceled a few shows already. This has only helped him gain the cars back who had started going to N Ga.

Racers are going to race somewhere even if they dont like the track or the way they are treated. Just look at all the people who bitch about the conditions and the way things are run @ TST but still we keep going back because with Green Valley only running big shows this year there isnt a lot of places to go without driving a long way and with the price of gas its hard to tow very far.