Default Choosing a track (POLL)

With so many posts on this forum and track websites turning into negative bash fests I wonder how many people can take them seriously so I thought I would ask.

Do you base your decision to go to a track, as a fan or a driver, on what you read on a forum?

Yes or NO...

Marty
    Last edited by MDB; 05-11-2011 at 02:16 PM.

no no no no

NO...I usually visit it once as specatatur and decide wheather or not it's worth taking a car to

I will say No as well.

I have to visit a track myself and have a legitimate reason for thinking its not a good track. For instance I made my first trip to Tazewell last year and it is a fast nice place but the racing that night was follow the leader all night long. However I have heard and read enough stories to know that I just chose to go on a bad night and I hope to make it back up there again sometime.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Superman_Racing View Post
    I will say No as well.

I have to visit a track myself and have a legitimate reason for thinking its not a good track. For instance I made my first trip to Tazewell last year and it is a fast nice place but the racing that night was follow the leader all night long. However I have heard and read enough stories to know that I just chose to go on a bad night and I hope to make it back up there again sometime.

I like your way of thinking!!! Got to experience it in person. I personally will believe one positive thinker and talker (even if not all completely true) over ten negative crabazzes! I might get disappointed, maybe the naysayers were right, but I just gotta find out for myself....oh, and 2010 was the first year since 1980 that I did not get to at least one new track, some years went to as many as six new tracks....had some good experiences and a few not so good....and prefer to think maybe I just hit a bad night.
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

Nope, I gotta see it for myself.

I have met plenty of people online and read a ton of sites and forums. Between that and a lot of personal friends around a large part of the country, I feel I can usually make a logical decision whether to attend a particular track. Sure every track has a bad night, but there are some real sour apples out there. It is only fair that folks be able to have that info in hand prior to spending the money (especially gas money) to head to a disappointment. By the same token, it seems the really great tracks get plenty of positive (and free) PR online.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1