Default Will AMS Series & Bloomington Speedway make a quick call on friday

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Wea...ation=USIN0046

Wonder if they will make us drive that far and call the race 60% chance if rain & storms

Default bloomington

I hope they wait to get all you all up from southern and centeral Ky, delay the start of the show waiting on rain, and call it after a 5 minute shower. Then you will get a sniff of the chunk of money us Indiana guys lost in fuel last weekend. All the tracks up here raced, and we lost money.
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 05-10-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Hey , it wasn't our fault. We wanted to race too, but mother nature took over. Hope you have better weather this weekend JK.
    RUSS GABBERT #11 & #J14
    2009 BIG DAWG WINNER
    2010 RICHMOND TRACK CHAMPION
    2011 RICHMOND TRACK CHAMPION
    TEAM BANDIT RACECARS
    www.russgabbertracing.webs.com

RAINOUTS

Should an event be postponed until a later date due to inclement weather, all events that have been completed will be voided as long as the A-main feature field of cars has not been set. The race will become a complete new show on the rescheduled date. Any Driver not present on the previous date may compete upon payment of Entry Fee. All scheduled events that are rained out, or otherwise canceled due to circumstances outside the control of American Modified Series Officials and Track Officials will be rescheduled if at all possible. Drivers and crewmembers MUST retain Armbands, or any other Pit-Admission ticket to be re-admitted to a re-scheduled event. Tracks are not required to refund Pit Admission. Entry Fees paid to American Modified Series Officials will be applied to the rescheduled event and will only be refunded if NO other events remain on the schedule. RAIN DELAYS – In a rain delay situation, American Modified Series Officials reserve the right to amend the racing format in the interest of time restraints and/or scheduling conflicts. The format change will be made with the FANS & RACE TEAMS best interest in mind, and changes will only be made if an event is in jeopardy of being lost due to rescheduling availability, a time curfew or inclement weather. Under these circumstances the amount of laps for Time Trials, Heat Races and Main events may be shortened. The A-Main must reach the halfway point before an event will be considered a complete event. If in the event weather should affect the A-main before the half waypoint, the event will be restarted at the point and the running order it was delayed by the weather situation. If the event cannot be restarted and must be rescheduled for a later date other than the next day. The races will be restarted from the previous portion of the event.

Straight from the website: www.americanmodifiedseries.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    I hope they wait to get all you all up from southern and centeral Ky, delay the start of the show waiting on rain, and call it after a 5 minute shower. Then you will get a sniff of the chunk of money us Indiana guys lost in fuel last weekend. All the tracks up here raced, and we lost money.
    Give it up ..........we all lost money too ............what the hell would you wish some bullsh#t on us for ????????? I'll pray for you also ...........

Thumbs down

Joey

We all lost money we lost about $150 i know you lost $250 or more looked like you were hung in the pits hope it did not hurt anything on your trailer. The killing of time waiting on cars and croud but Brandon was going to lose his BUTT no locals no fans a bad weekend lot's of derby parties and bad weather reports people can't take a chance on spending money this day and time. I know it hurt's the race teams to lose that kind of money and NO income from the event.
    Last edited by ky44mod; 05-12-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Guys i was tryin to help the racers i had plenty enough cars and fans to go through and make money with event and wouldve raced if i lost thousands it wasnt about that but when it came the rain that wouldve took a hr or more to roll in and all radars showing lots more coming their was no chance their was several race teams here including don adams and todd coffman and many more when it came a down pour about 25 minutes after we called it with race fuel as high as it is i didnt think you all would want that but seems as if i needed to let you all roll track and burn thousands of dollars on fuel and then call it come on guys i have good nites and bad nite but yet im open every saturday and yet i still get condimed but everytime all other tracks are closed im still open sunshine or not give me a break and see whats real including we do have a curfew and the wait 20 min wait for hotlaps was it was showin a small rain band could move through at that time and didnt want racers to get all equip dirt and use fuel for nothing sorry if anyone is affended but i done the only thing i could do it rained hard after event was called just as radar showed!!!

Brandon did all he could do I DON"T BLAME HIM He had no croud and a small car count I would have done the same thing

Thank you Brandon for a GREAT place to race

I am new to dirt racing as a racer but have been a fan for a long time. This has been the process as long as I know. Does it suck to drive a long distance (yes) but what was he to do. I have been to races that run till 4 or 5 in the morning. I dont think that is good either. So instead of bashing the tracks, tell them a solution so maybe next time this would not happen. Complaining only solves a problem if a solution is in the complaint. I did not read a solution in anybodies notes.

On another note, No dirt track in Kentucky should be racing on Derby Day. (Bardstown is Off). That is the best day of the year in Kentucky and everybody should be at the track or watching the best 2 minutes in sports. I was standing on the rail at Churchil Downs drinking mint Juleps. My 2 cents.

Billy Cooper
    Wild Eggs Racing #64

Default rain

I am not faulting LCS it was a no win for him. Just sucks. I told a AMS official numerous times on my way down, and while I was still @ home it was going to rain out.. because what was up around me and northwest of me was big rain showers. But it was a 50/50 shot. $hit happens.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.