Thread: North GA.

Default North GA.

Who will take the track now?
    ashes to ashes dust to dust life's too short so dirt race we must!

Millwood still has the track but he is having a hard time rolling pennies and dimes. If anybodt wants to donate money give him a call his # is on the website.

Man sure hope they open back up and let someone get in there with $$$ and race every weekend.
    If it slings dirt and goes sideways & fast I like it......

He was racing at Dixie last night

Gonna be hard to get somebody to buy, rent or lease a track now the way the economy is right now, why don't all the people that know here on 4M how to get fans and drivers to the tack get Timmy Millwood some of their money and see if your ideas will work.

otto.... every race had plenty of fans and there were 80 cars at the last race.

Looks as if it was not enough though, is North Georgia open?

its my understanding from what has been posted here on 4m plus talking with people i know who raced there the problem was Timmy and the guys who were providing the backing this year had a falling out over some rule changes they wanted to make.

Ive been to NGA 3 times this season, and all 3 times the fan count was low. Im not sure what the contributing factors for closing the facility were, but the bottom line is NGA is closed. Doesn't seem like that long ago people were bashing Monty and saying how terrible of a job he did with NGA. Those people also said Cleveland Speedway wouldn't make it going up against NGA on Saturday nights, especially with no slm's on the card. Monty and Cleveland Speedway don't look so bad now, after all Cleveland is still open and racing every Saturday night.
    Last edited by dirtfuseI4; 05-16-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    ~DirtfuseI4~

No, Monty still sucks. He's still open, but that's all he's got going for him.

monty treated north ga like a step son. the racing there would suck every week because he was terrible at preparing a track for the most part, and it drove ppl away from it.
    when north ga is prepared right and ran the way it should, it is THE best track around.
    just hope somebody gets it that will be in it for the long haul, like a marriage, thru thick and thin

Maybe one of the reasons N. Ga. is closed AGAIN is because of some of the N. Ga. faithful constantly bashing other tracks/promoters such as the above posts.Sure made me not want to go.Nice job guys.
    I'm sure Monty still sucks but Cleveland is still open and racing every Saturday night.

Would like to lease the track to practice on who do I need to contact?

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    Maybe one of the reasons N. Ga. is closed AGAIN is because of some of the N. Ga. faithful constantly bashing other tracks/promoters such as the above posts.Sure made me not want to go.Nice job guys.
    I'm sure Monty still sucks but Cleveland is still open and racing every Saturday night.

Really? I don't like Monty Morrow, express my opinion, and it makes you not want to go to a race.......wow. I'm guessing you don't leave the house much if that's all it takes to get you not to go to a place. I have ZERO to do with anything to do with the running of NGS why would you not want to go? I've never really bashed Cleveland trackwise (although the last three times I've been there it's been brutal). I'd like to see every track succeed just not him. Heard the last race had 40 total cars and about 150 people in the stands. How long you think that will last?

North Georgia had swung the tide a little in it's favor, but it's going to take someone who has the capability to just write the first year off as a loss and regain some people's trust. It's a tougher nut to crack when you've been run through the ringer over the last decade (partially by your hero).

I guess you never went to Tri-County over the last decade, nobody ever said anything good about it? Sounds like Ray and his bunch have it good now though.

Have fun @ the SAS race this weekend hopefully nobody from Cleveland says anything to keep you home.

Monty still sucks BTW........

My point is:Constanly ''expressing your opinion'' has done nothing to help the situation at N. Ga. Maybe you missed that earlier. In my opinion Timmy Millwood is as good as you will get as a promoter.He was very fair and did a good job at Sugar Creek.That is all I have to base my opinion on.
    As far as Monty goes,I could give a sh!t less one way or the other.I have never met,spoken to or had any dealings with him.All I know is Cleveland races on Saturday nights on a consistent basis.I usually make the trip 4-5 times a year,about the same as N. Ga.
    As far as Tri County goes,I probably have logged 2000 or so laps around the place over the past 20 years or so.I watched it turn into a pretty nice little track only to get ran into the ground.Ray is doing a fine job turning it back around.
    Now about me not getting out much,that's pretty funny.

well ive been playing the lottery hoping ill hit so i can buy the track. just wait boys!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    My point is:Constanly ''expressing your opinion'' has done nothing to help the situation at N. Ga. Maybe you missed that earlier. In my opinion Timmy Millwood is as good as you will get as a promoter.He was very fair and did a good job at Sugar Creek.That is all I have to base my opinion on.
    As far as Monty goes,I could give a sh!t less one way or the other.I have never met,spoken to or had any dealings with him.All I know is Cleveland races on Saturday nights on a consistent basis.I usually make the trip 4-5 times a year,about the same as N. Ga.
    As far as Tri County goes,I probably have logged 2000 or so laps around the place over the past 20 years or so.I watched it turn into a pretty nice little track only to get ran into the ground.Ray is doing a fine job turning it back around.
    Now about me not getting out much,that's pretty funny.

My point was why in cornbread hell would you care what anyone says one way or the other. We're not going to dinner after the races, we don't know each other from a can of paint. Most people I know could give two sh!ts what anyone else thinks.
    Last edited by B_K; 05-17-2011 at 05:55 PM.

Cool

Well excuse me for even asking a question.Way too many bashers for me if I don't like a track I just don't go ,I haven't missed a race at Cleveland in 26 years I've seen it up & down but always liked it . I go to NGA when Cleveland is not running & enjoy it just hate to see a good track go to waste , so you all do the arguing I'll just go to the races & have a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ashes to ashes dust to dust life's too short so dirt race we must!

I would like to see Gar D/ckson get it and run a fri / sat combo. It sounds like he is doing a good job @ Boyds. I think Monty sucks also, he is the master of the one groove race track.Who wants to pay to see that. Maybe he should promote an asphalt track then he wouldn't have much work to do there already one groove.