Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Perhaps Josh will have a discussion with Jerry on his behavior of late. Perhaps probation for another incident and then he has to go elsewhere to race. I think they need to stop it now before it gets out of hand like other incidents have in the past.

I seriously hope that Mike does come back to Florence again, especially for the bigger shows that are coming up quickly. He is a CLASS ACT all the way around!!! Extremely NICE guy to ALL fan's and other drivers!!!
    A member from back in the day....

Quote Originally Posted by THE SWAMI View Post
    You must be looking into some of those rose colored glasses that were available a couple years ago.I ask,were do you view the races from?From my point of view Jewell pased rice comming out of turn 4,yes there was very little contact,and I can say it was caused by rice.Then we go to turn #1,and rice takes out jewell.What a classless act on the part of rice.He did the same thing to brandon green last year,he hates to get passed.

Porter Lanigan:RIP
    It was a great side-by-side battle until Rice's stupidity came out when he intentionally wrecked Jewell. I’m just glad that Rice took himself out too. Jewell has raced clean every time that I’ve seen him race. Brandon Green was going to pass Rice last year and probably get the win but Rice put him into the wall on purpose. Rice is the only driver that I don’t like. At least Jameson came back to get the win.

Mike Jewell and his team are an example of what class and clean racing are. Many teams can learn from them.

Default old dog fight @fllorence

the first old dog to take the lead...John Gill! Only to relinguish the lead, the hard-charging insane man Chamberlain...Next on the list would be Rice to hold the lead until the World Class Racer, and also old dog, Mike Jewell charged up to the lead. Rice would not give up so easily taking the lead back from Jewell...taking the white flag. the two went in to turn one leaning on each other, going into two, a racing incident occurred. With Rice going to the infield and Jewell limping around the track waiting for the tower to rule, could not help but feel sorry for Jewell that eventually turned into the infield also. Handing the lead to Chinn. With the green flag displayed, Chinn pulled off to a two car length over Jamison coming to the white flag, Chinn and Jamison nose to tail..Chinn slipped up going down the backstretch leaving Jamison to slip by for the win! A great race...you can find pics at http://www.sraracingphotos.com

I wasn't there, usually am. I hope that something can be worked out with Mike to return. The stopping on the track rule can be tough and really bite someone. Rice has always been a pretty clean racer until that nonsense with Green. Followed by an embarrassing interview. Sounds like we are going to lose a good racer in Jewel. I am really, really unhappy to hear this. I hope Josh reaches out and talks to Mike about this unfortunate event.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Mike Jewell is one of the best people I ever met. About 10 or 12 years ago I broke the gear in my car,a roadhog at richmond, and my cousin and I were having a time loading when Mr. Jewell and his team came over and helped us. After the car was loaded he talked to us for a half hour. That made an impression on me because he treated like fellow racers instead of a couple of kids just starting out. He probably doesn't remember that but I will never forget it.
    That is very nice to hear, glad to hear he did that. Makes me like him more.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Maybe Jerry should try that on Don O'Neal.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by laniganfan29 View Post
    Now onto the tower, in the past once the white flag was thrown & a caution was needed they raced back to the checkered flag but last night they decided that they would have 2 laps to go after the caution>
    Jewel and Rice were sitting sidways between 1 and 2. They were 1st and 2nd at the time so it would've been a bad idea to have the rest of the cars race back to the checkered flag. Throwing the caution was the right thing to do. We got a great finish between Jameson and Chin because of it.

Default RE

But the same thing happened on the pure stock race right before the late model race. Two cars spun in 2 on the last lap and they threw the yellow and the checker together instead of just the yellow and then a restart. . Why is that different? that is so unconsistant.

just another track taking care of the local boys as in jameson

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post

please! Amplify.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by racerkrp1 View Post
    But the same thing happened on the pure stock race right before the late model race. Two cars spun in 2 on the last lap and they threw the yellow and the checker together instead of just the yellow and then a restart. . Why is that different? that is so unconsistant.
    I don't know why. Maybe it was because the spin happened behind the leaders or maybe they were taking care of their boy Brandon Gibson. Since the Pure Stocks are a lot slower maybe they thought it was safe to race back to the checkers.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedsbluer2 View Post
    so the track made it possible for him to come from the tail to the win???? You sir are a JACKA$$

no but if you paid attention carefully, you would see how they have been giving jason spots under caution for the last couple of weeks. he hit the 53 car in the door panel coming off 4 they threw caution for a wreck by the time they hit the start finish and when we went green again he is 3 spots in front of the 53. the week before he was allowed to pass half the field over a period of about 3 cautions that flew back to back. i tape every race and usually cut out the cautions but from now on i will be recording the whole features just so i can prove any points in the future.

Default Jerry Rice... dirty driver????

You guys are out of your minds. Jerry doesn't give anybody crap, but he sure doesn't have to take it. Jewell slammed him good in 3 and 4, Jerry just paid him back. I hated it for both of them, because I have always considered Mike a clean, hard racer. somebody could have lifted, they both chose not too, and paid the price for it.

Val Man, Very true statement you have posted. I thought the same thing you said. I think that it was just 2 guys racing hard. I dont think Jerry is a dirty racer, either is Mike. Just a racing thing that went the wrong way for them both.

Quote Originally Posted by rde787 View Post
    Val Man, Very true statement you have posted. I thought the same thing you said. I think that it was just 2 guys racing hard. I dont think Jerry is a dirty racer, either is Mike. Just a racing thing that went the wrong way for them both.
    There are 15 post's that address this issue,you and val man are the only two that seem to think that Rice did nothing wrong,however the other 13 see things differently.A couple of people posted what they saw,and that was that Jewell passed Rice comming out of turn 4,and Rice turned into him,only causing slight contact,I guess you could say that Rice was trying to protect his position,(OR DIRTY DRIVING)whatever.
    Now going into turn one,thats a different story!Rice clearly slams Jewell,causing them both to go pit side.(DIRTY DRIVING,OR PAYBACK.

My view is this,Jerry doesn't like to get beat,and I can understand that,but he needs to control his actions.I refer to a incident last year when he was being passed by Green for the win,and Rice puts him into the wall,(RACING INCIDENT,OR DIRTY DRIVING.)You make the call!
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

I always liked Jerry as a racer, but the deal with Green was out line. I was right there to see what happened. People make bad decisions, Jerry made one. Compounded it by a foolish post race interview. I am sure Jerry would like to have redone the whole deal. Just a guess. Saturday night was about hard racing and tempers. talked to someone who was there and likes both drivers. Jerry must have had a melt down in the car and decided paying back Jewel was the right thing to do. I am not sure he wanted to take him out as much as at least give him a good bump. We are human, and when someone feels wronged they respond, not always the best or right way. Unintended result it seems to me.

Like you just said, they are opinions and everyone has one. Mine might be a little different from yours or joe blow. I think Jewell went in a little hot footed and Jerry returned the favor, the deal with Green, YES i agree 100%. Oh well Ill keep supporting Florence and the local drivers I like them all and they put on a go show week in and week out.

Looking forward to Florence tonight and NO rain.