Default lookin for 2.3 quad 4

im lookin for a good 2.3 quad 4 or a 2.3 ho quad for for cheap

Talking

need 2.3 bad lasalle doesnt like 2.4l

Its not that lasalle doesnt like them its just that you need a good mechanic to work on the engine

everyone that i no have ran 2.4s have had head problems constantly n have switched to 2.3s

I know of 2 lasalle regulars running the 2.4L, I would think most junkyards would have either engine, they came in a lot of GM cars.

i was there saturday n all i seen was a 2.3 cavi n 2.3 grand am n they both said the 2.4 head was junk cuz i no i blew mine up there 2 weeks in a row

No offense, but if your having problems keeping a 2.4 together, good luck with the 2.3. They are more tempermental and like to blow head gaskets when warm. They also had problems with the timing tentioner, and when the chain goes, so do the valves. I have a real stout 2.3 I'll sell for $650.
    33m

I personally think its either bad luck with your motors or somone is setting something wrong. I know multiple guys that have run 2.4l there. I ran mine on opening night but had bad luck with tires popping all night. But thats jmo either way goodluck on your search.

like i no jr switched 2 a 2.3 n so did the white cavi n the red grand am out there cuz they all said they had head n oil pump problems

I got a 98 cavi fer sale. It does have the 2.4l in it though. The body has the nicks and dents but its a race car what do u expect. Car is setup good. Motor has also been built up good and has the 2.3 oil pump coversion will give more details if your interested. Car is badd fast has won track championships at lincoln and charleston. $2500 takes it with spare rims and tires. I wish i could keep it and race it but i dont have the grades in school so dad says it has to go. If your interested my number is (815)499-4021

im jus lookin for a 2.3 i dont have the money to spend my grand am is in good shape but where did u get the oil pump conversion from?