Thread: 350 4 bolt?

Default 350 4 bolt?

We have like new top end,motown 220 irons, H. sharp r. rockers and girdle, Motown intake. We also have a 1974 350 4bolt block. Thinking of having our local shop machine the block and install a R. assembly. World requires 383 and larger disp. for this top end. Scat,Eagle,are very affordable. The shop said they used Eagle forged for years,its all about what ya want to spend. Where do i buy a balanced 383 kit that fits with lil clearancing?How much would ya spend on this GM block? Any tips like deck plugs, caps etc. ? Will this make 500 hp w/4bll? Oh last explain 5.7 vs 6.0 rod in the 383. This will run on a 1/4 mi. clay oval in a mod at 7800 rpm. I talked to a few drivers and all say this tarck is not hard on motors.

220 runner heads will work on a good 350-360 CI engine if the rest of the combination is built to complement each other as well.If the track dry slicks a lot then all the better for the 220 heads on a 350
    properly geared.
    Type of rod used determines clearancing issues more than anything else. Stroker rods help a lot for a 383 application. Compstars are hard to beat on a tight budget.
    How much is the block worth to you? Good baseline prep job probably $500
    Is 500hp the goal for the engine? Yes 500 is pretty easy with a 350 or 383 is even easier
    5.7 Vs 6.0 rod. 5.7 for torque on short tracks and 6.0 for higher rpm engines. Everyone has an opinion.

Thanks HP,we dont really have a goal as to the 500 Hp. I was just curious, and convinced 500hp was easily attained with these parts. Local shop quotes $1000.-$1200. machine our block and install chosen rotating assembly. I think my next ? is which R. assembly to use? We race every other week. Would like to get the rest of the season, and next year out of this buil$d. Looks like CNC Motorsports is a goood place to purchase. And yes we would like to stay under the $2000. mark on th R.A.

Don't waste your money buying a balanced rotating assembly, as they are far from actually being balanced. Buy the parts and have them balanced, try race engineering for parts as they give kit pricing.
    Josh K.