Default Any benefits to NO shock on front of LR?

Is it better forward drive with shock on front of LR? Or two shocks on LR?

LR = Shock/spring on the rear = most bite, Shock/spring on rear dummy on front = is less drive. Shock and spring in front = least amount of drive.

Ego, with just one shock on the LR behind with spring and nothing on front of birdcage, what valving and gas pressure shock?

Ego, any down side to no shock on front of the LR birdcage?

I have added a "traction shock" to the LR front w/a 5-3 gas shock in the back and picked up a throttle push. So, in my recent experience, a high compression, low rebound shock in front=more traction.
    Gill T. Azell

The front shock will provide more damping than the rear shock.
    The front shock will also help the driver keep the car on the bars on a track where you have to get all the way out of the gas.
    A front dummy shock(w/spring behind) is nothing but a hike limiter. (I don't care what Joe's book says!
    Gill T. Azell

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by gadirtracer View Post
    The front shock will also help the driver keep the car on the bars on a track where you have to get all the way out of the gas.
    A front dummy shock(w/spring behind) is nothing but a hike limiter. (I don't care what Joe's book says!
    Well put and correct....sorry Joe!

Does anyone run a dummy shock behind with spring and "real" shock in front? I am thinking of trying this, but what would be good valving and gas pressure for front shock?

Most 4 bar mods run that setup. Spring slider behind and a 9-2 or 7-3 in front.

Quote Originally Posted by gadirtracer View Post
    Joe's book is a guide not a bible haha, I don't swear by it. I listened to your advice last race and it served me well .

I currently have a 8c 2r behind my LR and nothing in front. Going from a fixed 4 valve to this shock tightened the car up on the throttle alot. I will run this set up for at least a few races before I try moving the shock locations. I have a few other things to change first.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

What if the traction shock is mounted on a clamp bracket?

Quote Originally Posted by shawburn View Post
    Does anyone run a dummy shock behind with spring and "real" shock in front? I am thinking of trying this, but what would be good valving and gas pressure for front shock?
    I'd be conservative on valving going w/a gas shock in the front, maybe in the 5-2 or 6-2 w/around 100PSI of nitrogen. Lates have a lot more tire on the ground than a mod.
    Depends on the track/and/or condition too(wet & heavy vs. dry & slick). Off or on the gas on entry.....driver feel.....etc....
    Gill T. Azell

Quote Originally Posted by helper View Post
    What if the traction shock is mounted on a clamp bracket?
    More compression in a clamped front shock would take traction away as it would resist compression with pinion wrap. I think...
    Gill T. Azell

Putting the front shock on a clamp type mount gives body lift with pinion wrap.....extra kick in the ass , when its needed.
    Now what if you put a spring on there too?

Quote Originally Posted by jedclampit View Post
    Putting the front shock on a clamp type mount gives body lift with pinion wrap.....extra kick in the ass , when its needed.
    Now what if you put a spring on there too?
    SSSHhhhhhh That is a secret!!!! HAHA! Kinda like a clamp on both sides in front with shock and springs on both along with shocks and springs on the birdcages.