Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rome May 29th

Rome did suck Sunday !! I went a couple times last year and guess what it sucked then too! I've seen some great races at Rome but that was in the early to mid nineties, I undersatnd the new clay was a problem but the bottom line is they don't race there enough for the track to be predictable I hate to say it but Dixie has had the best racing for the last couple years, Another thing is that they need to make it when they swing the gates at Rome have a Special event like Sas,NeSmith or that sportsman class that papermen helps with jmo ! thats the way it was when Rome started goin with a limited schedule there was always a Granger Select 50 when you went to Rome!! But that was the good ole days when racers were racers !!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDirt View Post
    Let's cut down every track that's not NGA , and praise its glory . Then were gonna scratch our heads at why the pits are full and there are no butts in the seats . NGA is a good track but if it was the end all b all some of you made it out to be it wouldn't have problems staying open . So by all means bash Cleveland , bash Rome , bash Boyd's too . Then we will read again in a few months that you can't figure out why you don't have fans in the seats .
    i`m not bashing just stirring the pot a little !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    race race race

The econo race was pretty sick. But the track was terrible I changed so many flats! The 19th will be so much better I know it.

In my opinion, all race tracks will have off nights. Especially shorter, high-banked clay tracks. Horsepower and sticky tires play havoc on sticky clay. With that said, I love a track with multiple grooves where cars can run and pass everywhere. That can't happen everywhere, every night. Some of the most exciting races are the ones where there is one groove and you have to stick your nose in or move someone to pass. Being in this area, I'm sure many would agree that the races at Bristol are not nearly as exciting now that they've put progressive banking in place as they were when it was just the bottom. I attended many races at Bristol before the change and just a couple since because it is just not as exciting anymore. Long story short, everyone has things they like and dislike about tracks. I live closest to Cleveland so I go there the most. They have been very rough and sketchy on prep since Joe Lee has been gone, NGS is a great track but it's not a great place to watch a race due to the stands and lighting. Boyd's has turned into a great track IMO with all of the updates they have done. Rome is great also. Let's just keep supporting dirt track racing so it doesn't go away from the area.
    Cleveland Speedway

Thumbs up

Rome and North GA are my 2 favorite tracks. Not to come back to Rome because of a bad race every now and then is crazy. Yes, the track was coming a part and 2 out of 3 of my favs didnt finish their race (3rd didnt even start), but you dont hear me complaining. Bad track and all, there was still passing going on. Other than maybe Costa Rica, I cant think of anywhere else I had rather be than at a dirt race on a Memorial Day (good or bad). Cant wait til the 19th.
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

Hey Dr Flavio ... Karma sure is a Bitch isnt it?...

Why have you been so quite this week?

From what i have read and heard from some people who were there N Ga had a pretty rough nite. Glad to hear that the new promoter stuck it out and worked to make things better. Guess you could call it a "baptism by fire" kind of nite.

all i know is that both rome and n. ga. are great tracks. Boyds is amazing too. both n. ga. and boyds wouldnt be able to operate without Outlaw though and this past weekend at n. ga. goes to show it. everything was hectic and mayhem with him being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RacedudeGa View Post
    Hey Dr Flavio ... Karma sure is a Bitch isnt it?...

Why have you been so quite this week?

From what i have read and heard from some people who were there N Ga had a pretty rough nite. Glad to hear that the new promoter stuck it out and worked to make things better. Guess you could call it a "baptism by fire" kind of nite.
    I said I was thru with this thread, but for you racedudeGa I will make one last comment, I tried to tell you once before I was not bashing rome I simply posted what I saw, like I did on NGS the blog should be up tonight on luvracin.com http://www.luvracin.com/03_writers/0..._the_box_L.htm I know Rome has tons of fans and lots of people like it, I don't, sorry,.
    and yeah NGS had a rough night last Saturday BUT, the track worked all night to make it better and even delayed the show to make the track the best it could be, so I tip my hat to them...and as for me being quiet... well I am not the one who started this thread, I seldom come to 4m much anymore, and I have been working 14 hours a day.... don't leave much time for anything else....
    thanks for asking though....lol
    CYA@THERACES

the dr.
    If they are going to outlaw a plant, shouldn't it be poison ivy??????
    http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/
    the dr........ Not following directions since 1959!