For Immediate Release:
Forbes Field Motorsports
contact@jnjmotorsportsmedia.com
JNJ Motorsports Media

Keith Barbara with Three Straight Top Ten Finishes, Sits Second in UFo Points

June 15, 2011 (South Park, PA) Keith Barbara and Forbes Field Motorsports have scaled back their racing program in recent years picking and choosing what events are best for them to pursue. The Unified Force Race Championship (UFo) Tour has fit perfectly for the team as they continue to be loyal followers of the regional tour.

Keith followed a somewhat disappointing visit to Hesston Speedway on Sunday, May 29, where he finished the two, $2,000 to-win UFo features in 20th and 19th positions, with a wildly popular second place finish at Tyler County Speedway in Middlebourne, WV on Saturday, June 4. Barbara led 49 of the 51 laps and battled side-by-side with Zack Dohm for over 20 laps before Dohm finally overtook Keith with two laps to go. ‘Zack and I raced hard and clean for a long time,’ Keith said about the UFo show at Tyler County, ‘it was a lot of fun but Zack had the better car at the right time. I did all I could do to keep him behind me but he did a great job and deserved to win. I haven’t had that much fun in a long time.’

Next up for Barbara was another pair of $2,000 to-win UFo events at Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway in Imperial, PA. During the first event, Keith ran up front for a majority of the 28-lap race and pressured leader Davey Johnson for the lead on a few occasions while running second but slid back to sixth place at the finish. After starting seventh in the second feature event, Keith, finished a consistent seventh moving him up to second in the UFo Championship point standings. ‘We all thought the track would slow down during the second feature so we put a little harder tire on,’ Keith said, ‘the track didn’t do what we thought it would and we weren’t able to go anywhere in the second feature. We were all kind of surprised at how the track kept its moisture.’

Keith and the Forbes Field Motorsports team will be in action this Friday, June 17 at Elkins Speedway in Elkins, WV for the $3,000 to-win UFo sanctioned ‘Chuck Gear Trophy’. If all goes well at Elkins, Keith will head to Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway on Saturday, June 18 for their regular show. Although it’s not likely, Barbara has not ruled out competing in the 5th Annual Firecracker 100 presented by Gotta Race at Lernerville Speedway on Thursday through Saturday, June 23-25.

For more information on Keith Barbara visit his website at www.keithbarbara.net

Keith Barbara and Forbes Field Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors for the 2011 season: Forbes Field Garage, JNJ Motorsports Media, RanGroup Racing Tours, Triangle Benefit Services, Forbes Field Motorsports, MasterSbilt by Huey, Domhoff Racing Engines, Hoosier Tire Mid-Atlantic, Speed Bear Fasteners, Snap-on Tools, Potoka Trucking, Precise Racing Products, Wal-Fab Race Car Bodies, and Frankland Rear Ends.

Written and Distributed by:
JNJ Motorsports Media
www.jnjmotorsportsmedia.com