Default help choosing eng.

Our 400 sbc has cracked into the cyl (told ya so.) So what c.i. would ya build for a 1/4 mi. track which slicks off in the mid. Tn. summer? I am thinking 377,also a rookie to mods driver. Have any of you dealt with CNC in S.D.? SBC SHP Dart block with Scat rotator for under $4000. And last we do have a 350 4bolt we could use. We only run 2 weeks a month,and the track is not very hard on engines. Using either block would ya top it off with a Brodix top end kit? Trak1's, intake,valve covers, head bolts etc. Oh that price is for a assembled short block.
    Last edited by willyj; 06-16-2011 at 08:00 PM.

CNC has some great packages.

SHP block I love them. I blew and engine 2 weeks ago and decided to get an SHP. I got the 4" bore. I figure I can bore it all the way out to 4.165 and not worry. I figure as long as I keep from putting a hole in the block I should be good to go for years.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Can you have the 400 sleved?

Quote Originally Posted by Egoracing View Post
    Can you have the 400 sleved?

sleeve, i don't know. it is cracked on all six head bolt threads to the steam holes and cyl. is cracked from deck down into cyl. I'm done with this thing. Anyone got any thoughts on using my Motown 220 irons and motown intake with a particular bottom end,stroke c.i. etc?