Default Quadrajet Carb Question (Jet Performance carb)

Bought the Jet Performance carb from Speedway Motors: http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Jet-Pe...jet,11567.html

Experiencing throttle issues: feels like its either very little throttle or all throttle. It doesn't have an in between. Doesn't help with throttle control!

Additional info: motor is a 350 with no porting/polishing work. 12lbs of vaccum at 1200 RPM. Lower compression. This is a legal southern sport mod motor. Runs great with a Holley 4412.

Does anyone know what may be the cause of the mid throttle issue? Does anyone have a source for troubleshooting issues like this with a Quadrajet?
    Last edited by Heat; 07-13-2011 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Additional info

You can try to tighten up the secondary air valve spring. How are you actuating the throttle? If you have a rod you just may be too high on the throttle pedal arm as far as the rod is mounted opening it too fast. Your secondary actuating rod can also be bent a bit so it doesnt open the secondaries right away as well. They may have tweaked the rod so it opens sooner and could be possible you may have to go to an unmodified stock rod.

If all else fails, call the people who worked the carb. I would say that would be the best bet IMO

ran those carbs. There service sucks. I had a stage 3 and a stage 2 quad. I would sell them at a local car show to a hot rod guy. There is a guy in ark. That builds quads and he is a pleasure to work with.. Moutian man carbs. I will try to get info. but yeah the quad i rebuilt worked better then what jet performance builds had lots of problems with the secondairies lag. i got so mad i threw the whole thing in the sh*t can.
    When you are behind, don't give up; when you are ahead, don't let up Never run out out of ideas, traction and real estate at the same time.

Mountain Man Carburetor & Fuel Injection
    9401 Sugarloaf Mountain Rd
    Hackett, AR 72937
    479-639-2022
    When you are behind, don't give up; when you are ahead, don't let up Never run out out of ideas, traction and real estate at the same time.