Default Quick Florence Speedway results

Jerry Rice wins the LM feature. With his new ECR power under the hood the rest of the LM regulars at Florence might be in trouble. Rice could just pull away from Jameson on the backstretch. I was surprised by the low LM car count. I think they only had 16 LM's tonight. I don't remember the last time the car count was that low.

Hamilton dominated the Mods. I wish Rick Corbin would come back to give him some competition.

We left about 4 laps into the Pure Stock feature. It was the same old race there. The 5 car was dominating as usual.

Late Models

1st Heat Finish (10 laps)
    1 75 JOHN GILL
    2 1b JERRY RICE
    3 49 STEVE LANDRUM
    4 33 JESSE LAY
    5 21 ROBBY HENSLEY
    6 1c CHAD OBERSON
    7 19 CHAD SMITH
    8 711 DAVID SPILLE
    9 55r JEFF RAISOR

2nd Heat Finish (10 laps)
    1 12 JASON JAMESON
    2 78 JEFF ALSIP
    3 11r JAMES RICE
    4 JJ2 JOSH WILLIAMS
    5 P1 TIM PRINCE
    6 6J JOE JANOWSKI
    7 4s ROB STARKEY
    8 P51 JIM PRICE

"A" Main Finish (30 laps)
    1 1b JERRY RICE
    2 12 JASON JAMESON
    3 75 JOHN GILL
    4 33 JESSE LAY
    5 JJ2 JOSH WILLIAMS
    6 78 JEFF ALSIP
    7 6J JOE JANOWSKI
    8 11r JAMES RICE
    9 711 DAVID SPILLE
    10 21 ROBBY HENSLEY
    11 P51 JIM PRICE
    12 4s ROB STARKEY
    13 55r JEFF RAISOR
    14 19 CHAD SMITH
    15 P1 TIM PRINCE
    16 49 STEVE LANDRUM
    Last edited by Gary; 07-17-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Had to be the backup/small engine's fault

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Jerry Rice wins the LM feature. With his new ECR power under the hood the rest of the LM regulars at Florence might be in trouble. Rice could just pull away from Jameson on the backstretch. I was surprised by the low LM car count. I think they only had 16 LM's tonight. I don't remember the last time the car count was that low.

Hamilton dominated the Mods. I wish Rick Corbin would come back to give him some competition.

We left about 4 laps into the Pure Stock feature. It was the same old race there. The 5 car was dominating as usual.
    Gary,you must be playing with yourself,from my vantage point,and with the help of a stopwatch,.I recorded the lap times,and here's my take.After Jameson cleared Gill he and Rice were running almost identical lap times,sometimes Jameson times were a shade quicker.This according to some people that I spoke to is being done with a 10 year old car,and a $4800.00 engine.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    Gary,you must be playing with yourself,from my vantage point,and with the help of a stopwatch,.I recorded the lap times,and here's my take.After Jameson cleared Gill he and Rice were running almost identical lap times,sometimes Jameson times were a shade quicker.This according to some people that I spoke to is being done with a 10 year old car,and a $4800.00 engine.
    I can tell you from first-hand experience you have to have a decent stove under the hood at Florence. Those straights are long enough that it matters even in the slick. It ain't Moler.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by lazermod3 View Post
    Jameson made up a lot of time in the turns. Rice could pull away at times like early in the race. Maybe my view was a little off since I'm a Jameson fan and the only driver I don't like at Florence is Rice. Anytime that Rice goes to the lead I'm not happy. At least in the final laps Jameson made it an interesting race. From talking to Jameson's uncle a few races ago, his car is an old one and he still hadn't got his better engine back yet.

Jameson had the better handling car and Rice had a good enough handling car and made up for it with extra power on the straights. Simple as that.

what is a erc engine is that like a differnt brand of type motor?and gary ask corbin whyhis brother not racing