Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My RR Shock is afco 9 Inch stroke 3 valving

Cool

If I could be so bold as to highjack this post for a couple of question that concern aaallstar lm? I notice no one was questioning 3.5” for the front or 7” of rear stagger, keep in mind that I’m amateur because in my racing I’ve only ran on a three or four 3/8 mile tracks, but the stagger amount seem excessive even for a little ¼ mile bullring. It’s been awhile since used the Afco 7 or 9 series shocks, but isn’t shock more of a fine tuning tool? And isn’t this lm problem more complicated than just fine tuning problem? Keep in mind that I am asking question so I can learn as well, because I don't have all the answers!

looking at where your 4bars are looks like you have them backwards car is not rolling like it should, according to shaw the bottom hole on the rl bar should be 0 degrees at ride height if its not you should adjust ride height till it is and that will be the correct ride height for that corner after you do that i would change bars to left upper 4 hole up, left lower 3 hole up(middle), both right side bars in 3 hole (middle), that will help get car on bars, i know to loosen middle your looking at right side bars but going up on left will also help loosen because of roll steer and undo all of your other adjustments back to basics go from there

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by racin29 View Post
    looking at where your 4bars are looks like you have them backwards car is not rolling like it should, according to shaw the bottom hole on the rl bar should be 0 degrees at ride height if its not you should adjust ride height till it is and that will be the correct ride height for that corner after you do that i would change bars to left upper 4 hole up, left lower 3 hole up(middle), both right side bars in 3 hole (middle), that will help get car on bars, i know to loosen middle your looking at right side bars but going up on left will also help loosen because of roll steer and undo all of your other adjustments back to basics go from there
    ^^^^^^ 100% agree ^^^^^^

I have a '98 Shaw with '09 front clip with a crate motor in it. Here is a few things I have under my car and maybe it will help you. My car has been getting a ton of drive and great amounts of rear steer. I would try going to a 200 LR spring and raise the LR bottom bar to the top hole, which will free the car in the middle on throttle. Also, comparing our numbers I would try to get some more rear(53) & left side(53.5) percent. More fuel is an easy way to gain rear percent. Maybe also try to trail the RR bars 2 turns. And another thing, I wouldn't go more than an inch on the front split between tires (front stagger). Hope this will help you!