Default will this work ?

3.875 stroke 4.145 bore 6.2 rods my ? is the rods im looking at are honda journals .890 wide at big end i know i will prob have to get custom pistons made which is not a problem i can get the crank in that stroke for the honda rods but are they going to be to narrow ? or do you use a piston that guides the rod thanks for any info

Thumbs up

assuming a stock 400 block ?
    you'll need .8875" compression height pistons in which the pins will be completely under oil rings assuming Zero deck.

An aftermarket tall deck block would allow for a more stable piston design and would burn less oil. Rod big end width can always be narrowed by any competent machine shop.
    Outlaw #8
    22R Celica GT
    www.outlawcar.com

yeah but its pretty hard to widen big end width.... and 6.2 in a sbc = not really if your stroke is over 3.4 er so

Unless you have a tall deck block you can't use a 3.875 stroke with a 6.200 rod.A honda journal rod in a 3.875 stroke won't last long enough to even make it worth trying.Rods are not strong enough and the crank will be weak also because of no overlap.