Default holley 4412 trouble shooting!!!

Heres the deal i have a 350 cfm carb that is done up by a guy out of iowa. Runs great. I have a 500cfm carb that ran great. Do the class we run need to run the 350 open motor imca rules. Well i wanted to run a class i could run the 500 to try a new set up. So i bolted on the 500. well upon start up it runs real rich and has nozzel drip out of the right side venturie. set the basics float level fuel presurre idle screws. Still pours gas in at idle. Took apart blew compressed air threw all holes. replace power valve and down jetted two sizes. This carb ran great when we last used it but since has put on a lot of miles in the trailer. Have not checked motor vac yet was just wondering any holley guys out there could help me out??? just why only one side it pulls gas threw???
    When you are behind, don't give up; when you are ahead, don't let up Never run out out of ideas, traction and real estate at the same time.

My 4412 was doing the EXACT same thing, it was set way too rich. Try turning the mixture screws in 1/4 turn at a time (make it leaner). I just did mine the other day, no problems with it now. Mine were 2 1/2 turns out, only needed about 1 3/4 out on mine.

1.5 out on idle air mixt screws is the starting point

fuel pull over or bleed over is usually from them being not adjusted right or your butterflies are open to far pulling too much air by.

My 4412s have nearly 1/4 inch holes in the butterflies to let the air thru while not setting the idle too high and having bleed over.

scd- where do you normally start your jetting w/ a 4412 500cfm on a limited motor?

Of all the ones I've dealt with this season......74 is the size everyone has started with. Most of them ended up with 76.
    JD's Performance
    13034 Hwy 99
    Wapello, IA 52653
    319-931-0677

stock is 76 I think.

my gauge legal on a big very good motor runs 80 jets and on a 10-1 360 with crappy oem heads it needs 77 or 79 off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    1.5 out on idle air mixt screws is the starting point

fuel pull over or bleed over is usually from them being not adjusted right or your butterflies are open to far pulling too much air by.

My 4412s have nearly 1/4 inch holes in the butterflies to let the air thru while not setting the idle too high and having bleed over.
    Exactly.
    Pullover has nothing to do with main jet size. Its vacuum thru the booster. The idle is to high, those motors should idle 1000-1200 rpm clean. If the butterfly is not covering up the idle slot, its not pulling in fuel. One problem perpetuates another. As said 3/16 to 1/4 hole will allow the butterfly to close. You will know the hole size is right when the idle screws are about 1 1/2 out.

Yes, you are running on the main circuit. You need to get back onto the idle circuit. Check the accelerator pump arm for adjustment issues.

4412 comes with 73 jets from holley, and i believe a 6.5 power valve