Default World 100 Hit or Miss?

Was the world 100 a hit or a miss. I wasn't there but kept up via Eldora's timing and updates. Now you people that attended the 41st running tell us, did we miss anything ? Was the track good was there good racing ???? Fill in the blanks.

The best world I have seen,track was great racing all over wild ending.

who won? raced at lasalle tonight, didnt hear, thanks

Man did you ever miss out. Hell of a night of great racing! The heats were awesome. The end of the feature was the most exciting in many years!

Jimmy Owens won. Ed Carrier Jr, Don Oneal, Darrel Lanigan. If Oneal and Lanigan wouldn't have got together and ended up in the wall. We might have had a different winner.

My first world 100 and I will be back Owens tires were toast 1 more lap Carrier would have won. He could have body slammed or pulled a slide job Owens and probably have won it was that close. I was most impressed by Owens he is on to something the other team zero cars ain't figured out . The car to watch all nite was Landers until he tried to take out the wall in turn one I still do not know if has let off the throttle yet LOL. Carrier was also impressive as was Kid Rocket until he tangled with McDowell that was just racing McDowell tapped the wall and came off of it Kid Rocket had committed to go low when McDowell came across in front of him tough luck for both of them. Yes it was a hell of a race.

WE WENT TO THE RACE AND ENJOYED ALL THE EVENTS. tHE HEATS WERE AWESOME. THE FEATURE WAS A LITTLE BORING FROM ABOUT 50 LAPS TO 80 LAPS BUT TOWARD THE LAST 20 OR SO LAPS THINGS STARTED HAPPENING. LANGAGAN AND ONEAL REALLY STARTED TO HEAT THINGS UP. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD SHOW AND WORTH THE TRIP AND THE MONEY.

Big hit especially with the rain doing the prep the natural way.

By the video on eldoras website it looked like the track beat the drivers. They were all fighting for that line on top. Only the top was black. The drivers put on a heck of a show. Too bad they had to beat each other up to pass because of the track conditions. Might have something to do with the banking. You know Tony knows everybody likes to see the latemodels run the highside. Thats all fine and dandy unless your the other 29 cars behind the leader.
    The track looked pretty rough. They were bouncing all over the place in the corners making them lose momentum. People must of had their beer goggles on if they thought the track was in good condition.
    Next weekend at 155 raceway will be the show. Pepsi Nationals is always the best race of the year. 4 wide all night long.
    Last edited by stevekinserfan; 09-11-2011 at 06:39 PM.

This years World 100 was the best race I have seen there since the 2006 World 100. The track was more like the way the banking was in 2006 and yes it puts the cars up by the wall but that is the real Eldora that produced the best races. The track was a little too fast because of all the rain they had midweek. Hats off to the Eldora track crew.

Don't understand the double file restart with 3 cars single file out front. Why can't they do it like ever other big race or series with the Delaware or complete double file?
    And lap cars to the rear of the lead lap cars. Why they put the lap cars in line and not to the rear made no sense with double file restarts.

One of the best Eldora races for me since I started going 20 years ago.
    Jerry Burton

Greenville, IL

Go Birky!!!!

restart line up was a lil strange but made some wild restarts are you kidding me lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevekinserfan View Post
    By the video on eldoras website it looked like the track beat the drivers. They were all fighting for that line on top. Only the top was black. The drivers put on a heck of a show. Too bad they had to beat each other up to pass because of the track conditions. Might have something to do with the banking. You know Tony knows everybody likes to see the latemodels run the highside. Thats all fine and dandy unless your the other 29 cars behind the leader.
    The track looked pretty rough. They were bouncing all over the place in the corners making them lose momentum. People must of had their beer goggles on if they thought the track was in good condition.
    Next weekend at 155 raceway will be the show. Pepsi Nationals is always the best race of the year. 4 wide all night long.
    The track was fine and good racing, one spot in two, other than that, fine. It's dirt racing and nothing is perfect, drive through the rut, go around it, or straddle it. Don't touch the banking or any of that BS, just prep the track and leave it be.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by stevekinserfan View Post
    Steve Kinser Fan needs to stick to the World of Outlaws. The track was not rough by any stretch of the imagination.And unlike a World of Outlaw race they was not racing single file fighting for that line around the top. Ha ha ha ha the video on Eldoras web sight must have been trick photography.

The final 15 laps were great, the heats were incredible, but about the first 80-85 laps of the feature weren't very exciting at all. I've seen a lot better 100's overall but the finish was great. If O'Neal didn't run over Lanigan, I am pretty sure Lanigan was your winner. Great run for Carrier and boy did he put on a show in his heat.