Default Anyone ever build a...

Has anyone ever build a 2.5 using the stock rod lenght of 5.5? Do the rods hold up or is there benifit to having sportsman rods? How does the motor in general funtion? torguee? power at the end of straight or off the turn? Thinking about building one but just curious if anyone has any input. Ill probably go with the light weight pistons and stronger rods but is all that worth it?
    Thanks in advance!

I have built many 98-2000 2.5 OHC Ford 4cyls.Stock rod length if I recall is closer to 5.4".I only use the stock rods and the stock pistons assembies including stock rings as well.Only problem we ever had was if you lean them out too much with stock ring gaps you will lift the top ring lands.
    Keep them under 7600rpm,jet properly and avoid detonation and you'll have no problems.Save your money for other things.
    Last edited by Racedad; 10-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.

i ran the 5.4 rods with the stock cast pistons and rings and stock rod bolts from a 1995 Ranger 2.3...7800 rpms all day long

the rods ive seen that come with a 2.5 are the same 5.4 length...but dont look like a very good quality to me.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

i remembr seing sumone post on hear that they use crower 5.5 rods and wisco pistons for the 2.3 w. 5.7rods and had to deck block like 60thou.