Thread: GM Spindle?

Default GM Spindle?

can anyone tell me what year or part # rotor i need for the tall gm spindles,the rotors need to be 10.5 and 4 3/4 bolt pattern??

spindles, rotors and calipers off a 86 pontiac parisian.

Nope. That is a 11" rotor. I haven't found that that is possible for the 10.5 rotor and 4-3/4...

Whats the spindle off of do u kno
    Demon Chassis

metric rotor with caliper adapters?

The metric rotor will work, but the caliper won't sit all the way down so your brake pads will wear un even. The rotor won't contact the top 1/2 inch of the pad. You can use the big calipers, or get the metric caliper adapters from Speedway. They are under Jet mod parts. You will more than likely need to get a different outer bearing also, again available from Speedway.

11" and 12" is all that was available as far as I know. We used metric calipers and made our own adapters, rather easy once you see what they look like and a bit cheaper.
    Josh K.

Use the impala spindles with an adapter to use the small metric caliper. You have to do a little grinding on the spindle to make it fit. Not sure on the diameter but 73-77 chevelle rotors will fit, I think you have to change the outer bearing. Check a speedway catalog.

Default Spindle height

I helped a friend with his car and all of the spindles we found had the same height. it seems like he had 5 (???) different spindles. The rotor sizes varied, the outer bearings varied and one had a different bolt pattern. If I remember correctly we had #1, #2, metric, something off a 70's Nova and also a Camaro. A couple appeared to be the same.

We're we wrong that there isn't a taller spindle?

The 80s Caprice spindles 1" taller
    Demon Chassis

Default spindles

Go to the Modified tech thread. Go to Oct 26th and read the thread. I listed what these spindles come off.

All of the big car spindles are the same height, impala, caprice, camaro, olds delta's, etc. station wagons, taxi's, police all had 12" rotors and 5" pattern others where 11" and 4 3/4 pattern. There was something in the early 90's with 12" 4 3/4" pattern can't recall what it is right now.
    Josh K.

Default Spindle

Thanks for all the help! I think ill just go back to the metric spindles much easier to get parts! and stay with the 4.75 /10.5 rotor,then ill go with the bigger ball joints to get my angle.