Default Dart SHP Block HP limit

The Dart website says 600 HP MAX on their SHP Blocks. This seems like a low number for an after market block. Do they have these under rated for other reasons?? Is anyone using these blocks with no problems OVER 600 HP??

I was thinking about buying one but if 600 is max why not use a stock block for half the price!?

Default Shp

These things are way beyond, better than stock. Alot of top engine builders use them, don't trust a stock block over 500 HP. And yes I feel there under rated, There weight is closer to stock than the little M, and motown both. Don't know the weight of PBM or tomahawks blocks.

If you are making a true 600 hp a stock block is a time bomb and if you hook it up hard you will run over your crank when it falls out.

My issue is the SHP's max is 600 then its a time bomb at or after 600?? These things can be bored up to 4.165 GM and 4.185 Ford. If you run big bore and big stroke and have any kind of decent head on the thing youve got a time bomb! I guess I just cant believe that 600 is max, but then if they were rated much more maybe they wouldnt have a market for the more expensive blocks they sell!

I definitely dont want to have the crank fall out...lol! I guess thats why I ask If anyone has pushed them past their limit and by how far?

CNC blocks has posted that the 600 is a conservitive number and that it can do that all day long.

In our mod we've used the SHP block and have ran it for 3 years and making between 615-640 with different cams and head work. Good luck.

I have 2 forced induction engines that have 3 years now and are in the 825 horse range, Also the SHP Pro block with all billet caps might be a good choice as it has BBC cam tunnel and .904 lifter bores.