Default witch carb to run

rule

1 carb [stock oem automotive 2 bbl]
    or a Holley 7784 [350cfm]

now this to me states that any oem 2bbl can be used i know theirs ones out there like a Rochester that are around 500 cfm

witch would be the best way to go

i know of some stout Rochester's that run well with 4412 500s

just would like your thoughts on witch route to go
    62 mini mod

Steve
    It depends on the power level of your engine. I have seen 150hp mini-stock e
    engines run fine on 7448's.
    I have also run 425hp LMS engines on one.
    What engine are you running?

The large Rochesters were known a 2G carbs. Look for one from a large displacement sixtys Olds, Pontiac, Buick engines.
    There is also a model 132 I believe ford Autolite carb that is used. Came on large displacment ford engines, trucks also.
    I don't know the flow numbers on any of these.

yes i have the big 2g they flow 475cfm but know as the 500cfm

just wondered witch way you would go the bigger stock or the 350 aftermarket .. ran the 2gs allot on our old ss cars before they went to 4412s
    62 mini mod

if you get your hands on holly webber carb that came stock on older pintos and mustangs that the way i go i flip the jets and hir collector around and never had problem i ran holley and deamon and still had better power and responce than any othe carb i know prolly gonna get hounded for this but i know what i have won with

holley 350........

Quote Originally Posted by taylormotorsports View Post
    if you get your hands on holly webber carb that came stock on older pintos and mustangs that the way i go i flip the jets and hir collector around and never had problem i ran holley and deamon and still had better power and responce than any othe carb i know prolly gonna get hounded for this but i know what i have won with
    Agreed... I ran the Weber and put the Holley on a shelf.. Im a Holley guy too!! I now have a small Weber collection!! This year Ill try the 40mm, as we dont have a stock carb rule.. but the Weber Im using is less than 325 cfm, and beats 500 Holley cars every week. call me and Ill give you numbers..573 208 3528.. Jason.