Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default spring city raceway

I see where they have new promoters there doing alot of work man i would love to see a super late model show on that bull ring maybe a srrs man that would be awesome

Default spring city

where are you getting this information i can't find anything out about this track?

That place isn't big enough for a super late model race. It's barely big enough to run limiteds or crates.

there is no such thing as too small of a track. look at belle clair up north. thats small. or macon. cmon man youve been around racing too long to say something like that.

Story on the new promotors and race director.

http://tennesseeracer.com/?p=2208

I haven't been there but my understanding that it would rough to get the big haulers to the track because of some low hanging trees. Again, that's just what I was told.

Cool

Probably would not want to start no more than 18-20 cars for the feature..IMO!

Here is a video of some racing action there to give you an idea of the size of the track. Like kd1 said, you couldn't run too many cars on it at once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaBk_..._order&list=UL

A few years back when they filmed the Discovery movie there , they raced about 18 pretty good show !

well my understanding during one of the track/driver meetings , they are adding dirt and intend to move the tires out and get drivers up on the banking. I think 16 to 18 car features can happen.

Thanks for adding my link MRM

Default 2012 Rules for Spring City

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper13 View Post
    well my understanding during one of the track/driver meetings , they are adding dirt and intend to move the tires out and get drivers up on the banking. I think 16 to 18 car features can happen.

Thanks for adding my link MRM
    Anyone know when the Spring City 2012 rules and website will be updated? Are they planning on running Modified Streets again? Thanks

Default Spring City

Just wanted to add that as far as running Late Model shows at Spring City, check out Tyler County Speedway, a 1/4 Bullring in West Virginia. They have alot of big late model shows every year, Spring City would be just fine.... they just need bigger pit areas....

Quote Originally Posted by mignum View Post
    where are you getting this information i can't find anything out about this track?
    http://springcityraceway.net/
    Middle Tennessee Racing Scene

There is no such thing is a track too small for supers..Maybe the pits are to small but not the track..There are tracks I have been too smaller then spring city that run supers.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

where is a track smaller than spring city?

How does everyone think the track will do up against Boyds Speedway? Boyds week in and week out has great car counts

If the promoters would get rid of the stupid scary stuff that keeps racers away and you might be able to find out.
    2 seperate instances at that track in past years, I have seen a driver hot lap a hobbie type car with no firesuit and NO HELMET. Who the hell lets crap like that happen? Someone that is not gonna be in business much longer, thats who! I have raced my whole life and never seen a track let someone do anything that stupid. Maybe the new guys will run it in a more professional manner. Sure wolud be nice to see that place get a little facelift . In years past it looked like the kind of place you would'nt want to enter unless you were up on your Tetnus shots! I'd be willing to go back if they get a clue.
    Best of luck to em'

Track ain't too small, rework it out farther and make sure their up on safety. Parking and haulers couldn't tell ya, track wise looks pretty cool. Kinda like Midway in Ohio.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

they will have to work on the reputation of the track It's been known as a pretty rough track I love it raced there many yrs ago but there's a lot of people who won't race there until the new folks prove they have rules and enforce them without fav. jmo
    my daughter my sailor my hero the next greatest generation is our men and women now in harms way Pray for them

hi everyone thought i would give a little spring city history. Spring city raceway was built in 1984 thru 85 opened for racing in 1985. track size was 1/4 mile around the outside 3/16 inside. i have been going there sense 85, been racing there sence 1999. The place was booming in the late 80's. Rhea county raceway was the original name. Modified street was the big class then paid 400.00 to win every sat. night. pure street was 250.00 pony's paid 200.00 to win. that was big money then. Clayton Turner from crossville,tn. still holds the track record set on july 16, 1988 lap time:11.81. Still has not been broken and he was driving a malibu or his camero i was only 7 cant remember lol. No late model has come close to that time yet as of 2010. I didnt go there any in 2011 but tim kyle did well as a promoter. The place was a rough place 2000 thru 2007 but different lease holders r making better. It will take time some time for a reputation to be made again but ray,mark,and jones i think will do very well with spring city. So many great drivers have raced there Mid Durham from chatsworth,ga was the guy to beat 85 and 86 in modified st. 87 thru 89 was Rick Williams in the 17 tide car and Venabal Tabor 25 car Randy Weaver in the 16 stories car Ernie Lankford in his 75 car Patrick Garrison in the 37 first gold crome sheet medal camero. 90 thru 92 was the birth of late mdels there Sam Williams 96 was track champion 2 of those years and Patrick Duggan was runner up Jeff Smith was track champion in 92. Lots of great drivers strated there and have raced there. Track was closed 93 thru 95 and reopened 96. The place is a driving track its plenty big enough for any racing lots of room now to park still needs some cleaning up but looks a lot better.