Thread: Jegs 604

Default Jegs 604

Anybody ever ordered a 604 from Jegs?Just wondering because there offering free shipping right now.Thanks Mike

They are on the right price and shipping deal----I will have to get my people to sharpen their pencil a bit--- LOL

ask for the date code and if it is a 2011 or newer I can't see any reason not to order.

feel free to contact us for a new engine checklist----we will help you try to avoid the new engine troubles no matter where you buy it from.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

How important is the date??

We bought a 602 from them a couple years back and it was a great piece with a recent manufacture date.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBauerSS6 View Post
    How important is the date??
    you don't want an engine that has been sitting in a warehouse for 3 years

Post differences

What are the major differences in these engines through recent years Brad?

City Chevrolet in Charlotte will beat anybodys price and ship free in most cases also.
    You won't find better folks to deal with and they know crate parts and pieces.

Agreed,

Chris Knight and the folks at City are stellar in the engine department and we have recommended them in many cases when customers call us that are near their location.

But they are not offering free shipping (just talked to them)

that's why I responded to the Jegs post (they are)

I like selling engines too but the more people we can get into this game the more exciteing it will be for everyone-----if we can pass along savings in any area it will help growth of the concept.

anyone that buys a new engine (from anywhere) is welcome to call or contact us for help with initial start up or operation issues afterwards.

there are several areas that need to be looked at on ALL new engines before start up and we will be glad to pass along our information to anyone.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Quote Originally Posted by jedclampit View Post
    What are the major differences in these engines through recent years Brad?
    2010 connectig rods and rocker arms changed

2011 crankshafts changed

although the cylinder heads have been built under the same blueprint for most of the life of these engines they have evolved a bit

there is NOT a night and day difference but the new stuff is closer to the performance side of the spec than typically found in the past

those are the "major" differences in the 604

the power is still in the tune up and the driver's seat not within the seals

Brad

Brad,
    I have heard nothing but good things about your engine program and shop and appreciate you selling me an oil pump pick-up for a friend in need, shipped to Pruitts in GA.

I would recommend purchasing from Brad over Jegs even if the engine is a little more cause you will get a support system built into your purchase.

Too many racers look at saving a couple hundred bucks and when the "Fit hits the Shan" who do you call??? Jegs don't know shinola about a crate engine. Support a local builder and pick up 25HP in the process...

Have you had any of the new heads off and on the flow bench. I have had 2 sets that were new and they were actually down to the earlier small runner Canadian heads???

Just checking to see if you found the same.