Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 3 link

On the dirt works i have worked on, the 2x3 tubing in front of the trailing arm mounts is what we used to sqaure the rear end with.

Put a lighter rf spring in and run lf heavy will help on entry. 3/4 of inch of trail 60lbs of bite 50% cross leave the rear.

2 questions:

Does it matter where the springs are mounted on the rear end, as far as closest to the tire, or closest to the pinion. They are on top though and centered.

Does it matter if the shock is in front of the axle on drivers side and behind on passenger, or vice versa?

Thanks.

Spring- If the springs are closer to pinion you'd have to increase spring rates because less spring force is put on that tire do to leverage and vice versa if you put spring closer to tire. And with massive rearend movement we're doing in todays racing i'd have to say putting the springs closer to pinion would be more beneficial do to the less travel in that spring and which that spring would store more energy.

Shocks- I've heard both ways to mount rear shocks. I mount LR behind housing and RR in front of housing. My theory is that when you get off throttle to enter the turn, that LR shock is helping push the housing into an opposite rotation then what the pinion is doing thus damping the shock to the chassis if using a solid pull bar. This tends to help if you use an aggressive compression shock.