Default Pinto Tranny Clutch Fork Problems

Having trouble with the clutch fork coming off the pivot in the tranny.

I am using a hyd. slave cylinder to actuate the clutch fork. It will work for a while and then will pull off the pivot and the tranny has to be removed each time to fix. It does not seem to be an alignment issue. The slave pulls forward on the fork in a straight line and is attached to the fork with a heim end. It attaches to a bracket I made which is also on a heim end thinking that this would keep it from binding or pulling at the wrong angle.

I pulled the fork out and it seems like the tabs are bent a little out of alignment and I am thinking this is the problem. Where can I buy a clutch fork for this old of a vehicle. I'll have to check the id tag, but I'm pretty sure it is one of the 1.968 2nd gear trans from a 70's Pinto. I can probably bend the forks back into alignment, but if this is the problem I'd rather buy a new one.

Any thoughts?

Are you certain the ball matches the bellhousing and fork needed? You should be able to slide it back on without removing everything. When the clutch fork puts the throw out bearing against the pressure plate, how much of the slot is showing forwards and backward?
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

The ball, I'm not sure about. I got the tranny as a unit - Trans, bellhousing, ball, and fork. It could be a mismatch, but I'm not sure.

The reason I have to remove it to reinstall is that when it comes off, the fork gets stuck behind the ball and there is not enough room to maneuver it back in front.

I'll have to check on the spacing later. Engine isn't in the car right now, so I may be able to mock it up on the ground before installing. I will post back on here tonight.

Is there a way to know if I have the right pieces? I could take a photo and send them to you if that will work.

Thanks for the help.

Mock it up, hold the clutch fork against the throwout bearing with your hand and take a pic. Send to jdstalnaker@hotmail.comSend a picture of clutch/pressure plate installed on engine and clutch fork/throwout bearing mounted first.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?