Default Dirt in the left rear wheel

What do you guys do to keep the dirt out of the left rear wheel? I've got to do somthing mine packs full and has almost worn through the LR brake caliper.

They make those inserts to help block the mud. What about wiping down the rim with something to keep the mud from sticking?
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Audie Swartz makes a bolt on piece that attaches to the LR brake caliper. You just bolt or rivet a small piece of plastic (like for your rocker panels) to this bracket and it lays against the inside back of the wheel. As the wheel turns, it keeps any dirt from building up.

Not sure how much the kit costs, but we bought one a few years ago and have ran it on our cars ever since. Works great.

Later,

WV Race Fan

I think AFCO makes one for wide 5's like the ones used on the modifieds..

I checked with Audie he didnt have any. I was thinking of welding tabs on my bottom link since it moves with the rearend and riveting a piece of plastic on it to block the dirt.

cv products has a shield that clamps to the axle tube and bsb has one that bolts to the brake floater if you run one.

I would think you might be able to take a 5 on 5 innner mud guard and put the wide 5 pattern in it.

Depending on your back space? I run 3 inch and they go out pretty far before they radius to the wheel.

I sell Aero LR wide 5 inner wheel covers . Will only work on a 5" offset wheel . It is a cover like the ones mods run . 563-659-1153 Dave. Ship UPS daily

Thanks for the input.

outpace make a lr scraper

Quote Originally Posted by GRTLRBITE View Post
    outpace make a lr scraper
    The one outpace sells is the swartz deal.

we wipe the inside of the wheel down with wd40 before every race. no problems at all since we did this.