Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Appreciate it.

I appreciate the effort to get us back but it will take my shock guy a week to fix the shafts in the shocks so we are sidelined for this weekend. I will say for everybody reading all this.... absolutely nothing wrong with the peoples attitudes and our typical cutting money and or purses.... but the race track was horrible for us. Maybe if we were regular's we could build a car to withstand the conditions but after my $525 shock bill and time of fixing the little things on the car im not sure we will be back.... so again Andrew i appreciate the thought but we will stick to or sister state west where we can race for nothing more than the cost of gas and routine maintenance .....

Is it a fact that North Ga. is not going to open or a rumor? They have a lot of races schduled and I am sure that people would like to know for sure.JMO

I'm not sure how anyone can blame the Young family for the current problems that N Ga is having. They have tried to work with the current & past promoters to keep the track open. It is in their best interest for the track to be open because even when the track is closed there are bills to pay and with no income from the lease the responsiblity to pay the bills falls directly on their shoulders. Anyone who hasnt ran a business probably doesnt understand this. The taxes & upkeep bills arent going to pay themselves. If they dont spend the money required to keep the place upkept them it will go downhill fast. Go look at any house that has been foreclosed on that the bank hasnt been paying someone to preform the routine maintance on ... ie yard work etc... and you will see what i mean. I have a house like that next door to me and it has quickly became a eyesore & safety hazard.

Its too bad that the current promoters havent been able to make enough profit to enable them to keep the gates open but i'm sure it's a business decision plain & simple. It takes money to make money, but there is only so much you can lose before you have to call it quits. Its been said the best way to make a million dollars quickly running a race track is to start with two million. The current promoters also has inherited the reputation and problems from the promoters before them. Its not very hard to run a race track into the ground, but it takes a long time & plenty of money to rebuilt one that has been run into the ground.

Hopefully someone else will step up and try rebuild N Ga but with today's economy they will need to be willing to take a loss for some time before they see a return on their money.
    Have Camera, Will Travel

Check Out My Pics @

http://mikessportsimages.com/

http://www.greenvalleyspeedway.com/

Off the subject but it's really hard for a promoter to make any money any more. Our local 1/4 track has been around for 40+ years and it's a process of elimination to see who's going to run it. Track seats 1200 in grandstand (to small to run a big show) so they run a couple USMTS modified shows and a regular weekly program. Weekly about 40 cars come in 4 classes + mini-sprints, which have been a savior to the track (18 to 20 sprints). Low car count puts about 350 to 500 people in the stands at $11 addmission and $25 pit passes. If you do the math at these track and there's alot of them across the united states, it's $1000 to the good or $1000 to the bad every week. I counted the other day and there's 21 race tracks with in 1 1/2 hours ! Wonder why, it's just like if a gas station on the corner is making a dollar, someone builds one bigger and better so no one makes any money.

A smart person can for see the future and gets out before it takes everything from you !

Default Just Try..

Just try to race a Sunday Day Race and see how many you will get?

Dixie, Cleveland, Boyds & Sugar Creek cars have a chance of all racing....

How much dust do you planning on having with a Sunday day race? It would do no good to have a Sunday day race because you might get those cars from other tracks but then the dust would be so bad they would not come back

Does Leon still have anything to do with NGA. If so i can understand why it would close down that cat is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    It all boils down to the Young's the track will never be successful if they have anything to do with it sodont blame the economy
    Not sure how you know the Young's but I do not understand your logic on how the property owners have any effect on what the promoters do or don't do. you may want to change your member name from usetobefast to stillprettydamstupid!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by usedtobefast View Post
    Put the track for sale if you cant run it on your on. You don't need to change your screen name black cloud just change the sign out on 225 to blackcloud speedway
    If you run such a successful business and care about what happens to the speedway then why did you not step up to the plate as a sponsor. If you dont have the money to keep the track open and help sponsor then dont get on here and bash the people involved that you know nothing about just because you want to be one of the key board warriors and try to stir the pot. If you know so much about everyone involved then call me in person and we can discuss this matter.

ok folks ive worked at ngs for two seasons and raced there for round five years ill tell ya this much as for the youngs they are some of the best folks around i NEVER had a problem with them. kevin and kelly young are two really good men who love ngs and really wanted it to stay open butttt times are tuff if things dont get better soon we may not have any tracks open round these parts of the country and ill say as for the ellises they to are some really good folks. hey they all tried to make ngs work butt maybe if work picks up people get back to work and start racing again and fans show back up the track may run again who knows for sure is the good lord. i hate that ngs is closed but why bash people heck we all have did our best so thats how i see it truthfuly and i have nothing but respect for the youngs and ellises.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd4 View Post
    ok folks ive worked at ngs for two seasons and raced there for round five years ill tell ya this much as for the youngs they are some of the best folks around i NEVER had a problem with them. kevin and kelly young are two really good men who love ngs and really wanted it to stay open butttt times are tuff if things dont get better soon we may not have any tracks open round these parts of the country and ill say as for the ellises they to are some really good folks. hey they all tried to make ngs work butt maybe if work picks up people get back to work and start racing again and fans show back up the track may run again who knows for sure is the good lord. i hate that ngs is closed but why bash people heck we all have did our best so thats how i see it truthfuly and i have nothing but respect for the youngs and ellises.
    I agree with you Chris, Thanks for the support

the last guys just got it so their son could win. maby some one will get it and have a few big shows along with weekly, and make it go.

The problem is the same at every track that goes under these days...A lack of promoters ...tomany tracks have track operaters and no real promotors...I only live about 25 minutes from the track and I NEVER!!! and I mean NEVER see or hear any local advertising..But I see Dixie and Rome stuff all over...I live about half way between Dixie and North Ga....there is no reason for that...I have been to a ton of race tracks all over the south and mid west...The economy is bad but that is no reason,,,I see tracks that are at this time having some of there best years ever the last few seasons...to many rule chances that dont make sence and cost racers too much money and a lack of promoting is one of the worst problems these days...
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Question

Hmmmmmmmmmm... I know this will never happen, but wonder if Mickey Swims could do anything with North GA? Dixie has a packed house (pits and grandstands) EVERY single week just running reg shows. And two weeks ago at Rome, there was hardly any room to stand and watch the race. He could make North GA into a (5-6 show a year) Friday night track like Rome is on Sunday nights. Wonder if the Dixie regs would come up and support him? Like I said, I know it will NEVER happen, but it would be interesting.
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

That would never work, I don't think any track is going to run against Boyd's on Friday night. Also a lot of Dixie guys probably couldn't get off time and up here with the hour or so drive on Friday nights. This is a SATURDAY night track.

Quote Originally Posted by 99plummer View Post
    The problem is the same at every track that goes under these days...A lack of promoters ...tomany tracks have track operaters and no real promotors...I only live about 25 minutes from the track and I NEVER!!! and I mean NEVER see or hear any local advertising..But I see Dixie and Rome stuff all over...I live about half way between Dixie and North Ga....there is no reason for that...I have been to a ton of race tracks all over the south and mid west...The economy is bad but that is no reason,,,I see tracks that are at this time having some of there best years ever the last few seasons...to many rule chances that dont make sence and cost racers too much money and a lack of promoting is one of the worst problems these days...
    when you have atlanta area as a source of fans thats a lot of people to choose from.
    victim

Thumbs up Does anybody remember?

Does anyone remember the Tri Racing circuit? It worked back in the day for Mickey and Mike .... why not give it a shot again? Replace West Atlanta on the schedule with NGS..... I'm in...

Default SoNats?

I wonder how this will effect Ray Cook's Southern Nationals race that was scheduled there for Thursday, July 19?

I'm sure Ray will lease the track or something for this race.