Default 2001 sunfire tuning tips.

Just got my son into racing. We bought 01 sunfire 2.2 non eco tech with three speed automatic. Would like to find a performance ecm. Or a way to up the rev limiter.Dont want to have to cheat it up. But the tracks we run at dont do anything to stop it.So you got to cheat to compete.http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/confused.png

The biggest thing I try and stress to 4cyl people that I help out or talk to is weight weight weight. Get every single pound and ounce of weight off of that car that you can. Then you can put the weight where you want it. (Over the LF tire) 4cyls have such low HP to begin with that every pound does matter. Take the grinder and saw-zaw to the car and cut everything off that does not need to be there. Most hoods and trunks have a sub frame attatched to them. Cut them out. Wheel wells. It the rules state you dont need them cut them out. Get rid of all the heave steel bracing on the body that you can. Go up on your tire size if your hitting the chip. Thats a quick fix. Increase the right rear tire pressure to loosen the car up and/or stiffen up the right rear spring. If your track is banked get some camber in the front tires. Tow the RR tire out 1/4" or so. Get the car to hanlde and it'll be much faster, especially with a new driver. Put in a cold air intake, header, open up the exhaust.

Thanks for the info !