Default Chevy Pink connecting rods.

I was wondering what peoples opinion are of stock chevy rods in a street stock engine.The rules say the rods must be oem chevy rods. I know the eagle sir rods are stronger and probally cheaper after you rework the stock rods, but that isn't an option at this track. I bought a set of rods from wheeler racing products that are supposed to be pink rods, with arp bolts and bushed small end. Do you think these rods will stand up to 6700 rpm on a 3/8 mile track. The engine makes about 300 hp in a 3200 lb street stock. I hate to build an engine and have it come apart. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

them pink rods should do fine for you,..lil on heavy side,...i run the stock high nickle rods with stock bolts,an turn it 7 an its liveing so far!

Thanks for the info White boy. I weighted them and they are 603 grams. I think the eagle sirs were 579 or there about.

First engine I built and still have,

has a gm crank out of a corvette, stock reworked X rods and speed pro hyper pistons.

Turned 6800-7200 for 30 races, I wouldnt hesitate to fire it up and go racing tonight.

One day its gonna go in my firebird, should make a fun little toy
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Thanks for the replys Stock car and Danny. Im gonna put it together and see how it does. I am using the manley lightweight pistons,and its gonna be balanced so that should help .

Making the pistons as light as possble will go a long way to connecting rod longevity.

I'm in agreement. At that power level they won't give you any trouble.

I didn' know GM was still making the Pink rods!!! Some thing does not sound right here.

Quote Originally Posted by CNC BLOCKS View Post
    I didn' know GM was still making the Pink rods!!! Some thing does not sound right here.
    I haven't seen them in a long time. If I remember right, the pink rods were just stock rods that went through a different Q.C. check. The best of the run were marked with pink paint.
    Bob

Thanks for the peplys guys. Gm isnt making them anymore. These are supposed to be original pink rods that were shot peened/ magnafluxed and had new arp bolts installed. From what i have been reading, Rodz is right about his description. Its going together, and if it blows up, i will know it wasnt a good choice. HAHAHA. I have ran 11 different engines in a street stock, and they have all ran flawless without a problem, so im gonna run this one the same way. lol

Same thing was true for the small journal rods only they had green paint on them.

Quote Originally Posted by turner View Post
    Thanks for the peplys guys. Gm isnt making them anymore. These are supposed to be original pink rods that were shot peened/ magnafluxed and had new arp bolts installed. From what i have been reading, Rodz is right about his description. Its going together, and if it blows up, i will know it wasnt a good choice. HAHAHA. I have ran 11 different engines in a street stock, and they have all ran flawless without a problem, so im gonna run this one the same way. lol
    It's certainly not the best rod to use but 30 yrs. ago that's all we had and we twisted the snot out of those little 355's. Actually they did pretty good for what they were. Ah.....the good old days.