Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Diesel View Post
    I have two more things to add. If promoters want fans to continue coming, they're going to have to learn to prep the tracks. Only been able to catch one race this year and was very disappointed at the track prep as soon as I walked through the gate. They had an excellent field of cars, but I only seen maybe three cars passed all night. And the dust was probably as bad as I had ever seen there. The other thing is, don't drag out the show all night. The paticular race I went to didn't get heats started to around 10. At 20 mins after 1, they were half way through the late model feature. I had to be at work at 6 am, so needless to say, I didn't stick around for the rest of the show.
    I'm guessing you went to the last special at Southern Ohio...
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by HEAVY DUTY View Post
    Hopefully, that wont happen. Atomic was a great place back in the day. It got bought by the wrong people. Maybe the racetracks around here can learn from history and make changes to help rather than digging their grave deeper all the time.A track cannot stay open running 2 or 3 big shows and then shutting down the rest of the time. They need to look at where the money is paid out verses how much money is brought in. 2/3 of the purse goes to the late models at most tracks. Do they bring in 2/3 of the money unless it is a big show.If you run a big show every week, is it still a special show to the average fan? Big races need to be something different, with different cars and drivers than the normal crowd. People pack the truck pulls at the fair, because it only happens once a year.If they had them every week, the only people who would go would be the ones involved with the trucks. The tracks have got to get more involvement in the lower classes that dont get paid alot, and dont cost alot to race. I love to watch super lates as good as the next guy, but they have evolved into a money pit that cannot be sustained, and the modifieds arent far behind. The tracks have got to put new people in the stands that havnt been there before. Advertising on 4m and other racing websites doesnt get to those people. If they show up to watch a race one week when the weather is good and the track is shut down, they will assume the track isnt running anymore and will never go back. If they do show up and the bathrooms have sewage 3 inches deep running out of the bathrooms or the porta potties havent been cleaned out in a month, and the bleachers are falling thru, are they gonna come back? It costs a lot of money to fix all the bleachers, but they arent but 10% full, so why not fix 10% to start with and block the rest off. Why would a racer go hit the same rock sticking out of the track tearing his stuff up and gashing his tires, when 20 minutes and a sledge hammer would have fixed the problem. Promoters have to work to get fans and cars. There is more to promoting a track than opening the gate on race night.
    WOW!!! Well Spoken!!!!