Thread: bleeding brakes

Default bleeding brakes

having trouble getting my back brakes to bleed up,...would having the line higher than master cylinder cause issues with bleeding???

Yep, it sure could. You can pressure bleed it or try jacking up the front of the car to get the MC higher than the line that has the air trapped in it and see if you can bleed it out.

Dave

Also make sure your bleeder is directly on top of your caliper when your bleeding it.

Put in a 2 lb residual pressure valve. Google it.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    having trouble getting my back brakes to bleed up,...would having the line higher than master cylinder cause issues with bleeding???
    what type of rear brakes, drum or disc ?

Quote Originally Posted by 3dinter View Post
    what type of rear brakes, drum or disc ?
    disc,with metric calipers,...wildwood master cylinder set with one for front an one for back,..line gose threw firewall an up 4 inches to bottom of decking,...an back to center or rear an splits off to each side from there...

disc,with metric calipers,...wildwood master cylinder set with one for front an one for back,..line gose threw firewall an up 4 inches to bottom of decking,...an back to center or rear an splits off to each side from there...
    Are you running the booster ? if not i would suggest the 2 or 10 lb residual valve from wildwood depends on how much brakes you want. are you running a power brake MC or manual MC from Wilwood ? is you balance bar adjusted right or wore out ?
    someone correct me if im wrong on this....the bigger the bore MC the less pressure but more volume,,the smaller the bore MC more pressure less volume.
    That 4" rise....??...???..,,we always like our lines below the MC to all parts of the car.
    Im just guessing here...i know the brake system is a sealed system but there is no pressure in it just sitting there...so i think of it like this...the drain trap on a sink always has water in it due to the u shape keeping the sewer gases out...i think of a brake line above the MC...IMO...its always gonna have air at the top. seems like i was reading about some of the old model a cars people fix up now adays i was reading when they put the MC below the frame they always talk about a residual valve. would be the least $$$, i run one on my car "no booster and rear drum, 10 lb" put it right outside the MC say a few inches or so.

Default bleeding brakes

Do you have the stock metric rotors on the rear or did you
    use the .810 rotor? If the .810 you will need the spacers for
    the caliper pistons before the brakes work right.

dirt2

stock rotors,...no power assist,...dont know the bore size,peddles an cylinders were gave to me used,..bias might be wore idk...

Do u have brake bias. If u have ur bias adjusted with alot of front brake u will have trouble bleedin back brakes

jacked up front of car an bleed them up no problem,...till i noticed both calipers were frozen stuck...thanks for the words of wisdom all yall!!