Default Mustang rack & pinion

I'm needing to replace the rack in my mini stock, was wondering which mustang should I get a replacement one from? I thought I had heard that the v-8 mustang has a better ratio, then a v-6, or the 4 cylinder models. Is this true? Now, I'm thinking that it will be a power steering rack, but I'm not using a power steering pump. Should I just loop the inlet line over to the outlet line, and add some p/s fluid to the rack? Any help I get on this subject, would be wonderful, Thanks in advance.

get a sport rack. its 2.25 ratio. its a power rack but turns fine without a pump.

A sport rack? Is that from a car? Or is that an aftermarket part? Thanks for responding.

no difference in the v8 to the 4 rack, but there is a difference between the manual to the power rack. The power rack is faster and they do turn fine with out the assist.

i just looked on auto zones website for 1987 mustang 2.3 and there are 4 different racks,all power steering..priced between $76.99-$92.99 with lock to lock turns at 2.25-2.50-3.00
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Cool

Ordered replacement rack last evening, $76.00 it is a 2.25 turn to turn. Should do the trick, with a lifetime warranty. Going to add some fluid, and loop the inlet and outlet pipes together. Thanks to all that responded.

Turn the rack lock to lock with some fluid in it before you loop the lines or it'll lock up.

I have not been able to get mine to work with it looped. it always wants to lock up. I just block the holes for the lines off. the rack you have is the same one I have and it works great.