Default 2.3 Stock Cast Pistons

What brand cast pistons have you guys run and bore limits. I have seen federal mogul,sealed power,clevite,badger....? Rule says stock replacement cast pistons

I have used the federal mogul and Keith Black with good results. The bore limit really depends on the block and how thick the cylinder walls are. Normally .030 if always fine but on some blocks .040 is the limit . Best to have it sonic tested to know how far you can go with a particular block.

I have used all the brands you have listed,all perform about the same.If your rules allow I would run KB pistons,they are lighter and more durable. A .060 bore will give the most power,but .060 OEM pistons have a problem cracking around the wrist pin and failing if run more than a moderate season.(15 - 20 races)

Sorry guess I should have read your post closer.KB pistons are not cast,but would tech know the difference anyway?If you run OEM pistons make sure you have at least ( 0 ) deck height,better if you have ( - .010 - .020 ) In other words make sure the piston top is perfectly even with the deck of the block or protruding .010 to .020.A stock felpro head gasket compresses to around .064 so you have lots of room to push up your compression without using illegal parts.A head milled .125 - .135 will give you lots of cheap power,even with stock valves.