Default Thank You, Thank You, Thank You......

1st off.....
    5AM comes too early to be racing and trust me when I say, there were a few of us still at the track Sunday morning

2ndly.....
    we're still learning what we can and cannot do, so bare with us - but to see the ole CLEVELAND SPEEDWAY come back to life with a crowd that resembles the old HAV-A-TAMPA days of the 90's, make my blood boil for some more

and finally, THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH for giving us the opportunity to host "you all" this weekend, where ever U are from - near or far

We hope everyone has a Safe and Happy Holiday Season and Gets Back at it in 2013

Cleveland Speedway,
    BiG STEVE

cant wait till next year also. hopefully this wont turn into a cry fest.
    victim

Smile what happened

Big Steve:

I brought 5 people with me Saturday night and had been bragging about how Cleveland had been keeping the show moving and running the big show quick/early. Unfortunately, we took a step back Saturday night. I just don't get it. Once you have admission price, qualify supers, run A-hobby heats, run super consi's, run a B-hobby heats, run the big show. Anybody that wants to stay and watch all the other classes can do so, the fans that came to watch the big show can go home, now who would not be happy with that????? JMO

Saturday night was almost like the old Gobbler days, we froze waiting for the SAS.

upaginit

nobody - even URs truely wasn't expecting that amount of cars

I lobbyed for a SAT/SUN show back in OCT - running a full SAS show on SAT with qual. & heats in all other classes - then return with features on SUN afternoon for LLM Crate A&B & Pony & FWD

if u think back even if we HAD done it that way the SAS couldn't take the track til after midnight

soo... were just gonna have to adjust and go forward

thX for bringing the folks U did

you are right i love it there but that was to much racin for 1 night maybe have a heats on one night and features next night but really glad to see so many cars and people way to go cleveland speedway

If it had been a 2 day show car count would have decrease by 1/3. The gobbler is for all divisions. If it had been for SLM i mainly purse would be higher. Considering everything the track did a good job.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    If it had been a 2 day show car count would have decrease by 1/3. The gobbler is for all divisions. If it had been for SLM i mainly purse would be higher. Considering everything the track did a good job.
    They might think about having time limits on heat races.After the b-hobby had a big wreak in the heat race, how about green,white,checkered!!!! 10 min and green,white,checkered!!! And why did they make the #48 leave the track in the b-hobby feature. Every one around me on the back strech stands saw Brooks try to move up the track before he had cleared the 48. The man was holding his grove into the turn. But he might not be local hero either. Either way BAD CALL!!!!

Smile 2 day show

Disagree with that. 2 day shows are for crown jewels. The main thing is to get supers qualified, consi's, feature. Again, anybody that wants to watch pony's, a-hobby, b-hobby, crates, and limited have the entire evening to do that. The fans that came to watch the supers paid their admission price, and get to go home by 930. Don't understand why that would not be a great idea, all fans should be happy with those logistics.

Fans should never have to be at a racetrack more than 6 hours and still not get to see the super late model feature.
    JMO

how much money would the track loose if half the people left early in the program?

Smile not sure

I am not sure how much the track would lose if half the fans left. I think half of them left anyway before the SAS feature began. It gets to a point where a track might need to think of future events. If you run an efficient show, get people home at a decent hour, those fans might be the ones that always support the track in the future.

I really wonder if the track would lose anything, you have the 20 dollar admission price, then i was watching car after car head out of the track before 1030pm. Repeat customers might be better than selling a few hamburgers.

I really think they should have started earlier and kept it going. Also, the pits were a disaster! There should have been at least one if not several people helping with the parking back there. Letting the support classes have prime spots, and making some of the bigger guys park outside the pits close to the main road. Wtf?!? I think there was waaaaay too much catering to the support classes!

Quote Originally Posted by babybird1972 View Post
    I really think they should have started earlier and kept it going. Also, the pits were a disaster! There should have been at least one if not several people helping with the parking back there. Letting the support classes have prime spots, and making some of the bigger guys park outside the pits close to the main road. Wtf?!? I think there was waaaaay too much catering to the support classes!
    thats a first catering to the support classes, never heard any one say that
    victim

Billy Ogle Jr. had to pull off to the left just inside the pit gates because there was no more room due to the fact that the lower support classes had most if the spots taken. Some of them had never even been there before that night. I'm not knocking them for showing up, I just think the parking should have been handled differently. Some of the super late model drivers and their crew weren't too happy about the situation.