Default When do you use a short straight bar?

When would you use a short panhard mounted under or on the driver side of the pinion? Tride to find some posts about it but my Internet is too slow thanks

the short one on the drivers side of the pinion I would say only after all else has failed. the longer one under the pinion worked great for me on a short tight turned track. the bar was 18'' long and had 4 1/2 inches of rack in it.

Were you using it on a hooked up track? Or when it dries out?

Default straight bar

Typically a smooth, slick track.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    Were you using it on a hooked up track? Or when it dries out?
    I ran it all the time once it was set never felt the need to change it. I put the quick change back in so I'm going to start with a j-bar and move from ther. the lower pinion may be to low but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    When would you use a short panhard mounted under or on the driver side of the pinion? Tride to find some posts about it but my Internet is too slow thanks
    I'm a big fan of the Mark Bush articles in dirt mod.... I went back and looked at one that talks about the Left / Left short setup you talked about...... He says try it when you want to loosen entry and tighten exit......
    If it gets a little too loose on entry, the try the conventional ways to tighten the car up on entry a little....stiffer Lf spring, lower Right bottom link or soften compression of the RR shock....

IMHO
    I have worked with 2 "new to 4 link" drivers ... both had problems rolling the cars into the corners correctly and getting them to rotate.... Most 4 link USMTS type mods are too tight for a new 4 link driver to drive correctly and rotate... most drivers at the local level don't have the skill and the "knack" of trail braking or the ability to make a car rotate with the way they enter/ drive the corners.....
    So maybe the Left / Left shorty panhard bar might help the learning curve.... Once a driver "gets it"... then you go back to the J bar......
    Just a theory... but going to try it out....

interesting thoughts,..like to hear how it gose when you try it,..i got a older late model chassis that was built to run straight left/left short bar,..but with a rubber block between frame an bar,...lest thats what was explained when i searched back threw the previous owners,...said it was did away with an used a normal j-bar,...tryed getting up with barry wright few times on phone to confirm this but yet to get any info,..dont keep records that old an barry travels alot...lol
    white trash motorsports