Thread: birdcages

Default birdcages

I have a 2002 black frontend rocket. Looking to upgrade to bearing birdcages. Which ones should i go with. Bsb, Or twm,or rocket? Or any other ones to consider? Thanks

I just got new BSB cages for my rocket very pleased

Give chad @ wehrs machine a call, great quality products! Check out the website. Www.wehrsmachine.com

Are there any differences in these compared to what rocket sells? Would i have measure ride heights different? Does everything pretty much the same? Shock angles and rod angles and lengths same? Are they just a copy? Thanks

Bsb is a twm copy should all measure the same

What would the best birdcage to use on a rayburn on swing arm suspension

Is there a measurement to locate bird cages on axle tube with a rocket chassis? I put new bird cages on new tubes so I want to get them in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by ncracer1st View Post
    Is there a measurement to locate bird cages on axle tube with a rocket chassis? I put new bird cages on new tubes so I want to get them in the right place.
    Not sure of measurement but if you have brake floaters on either one you can mount up a hub and rotor and use the caliper to guide you.

There is no mesurement. If you have the proper birdcages and rearend tubes, the birdcage butts up to the brake caliper bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by drtrkr244 View Post
    There is no mesurement. If you have the proper birdcages and rearend tubes, the birdcage butts up to the brake caliper bracket.
    Spacers may be required. If they were purchased new, they should come with them. You just have to know where to put them. Obvious to some people but not so much to others. So I can understand why some may want an additional reference point to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Spacers may be required. If they were purchased new, they should come with them. You just have to know where to put them. Obvious to some people but not so much to others. So I can understand why some may want an additional reference point to get it right.
    We bought a new rearend and birdcages from Rocket last year. We were told not to use any spacers only the reatainers on the inside.

Maybe, the older cars used wider tubes or different birdcages.

I'd call Anthony in parts and get the correct placement....easy enough....so you don't end up with a queer car and extra holes in the tubes if you find out they are on wrong later.

Should a guy buy new our can you find good used ones?

My bad......thinking of GRT.No spacers on Rocket, TWM retainer set at 1" from brake caliper bracket.

Chalk it up to old age and too many lm's to work on.