Default Plymouth (IN) Speedway: Cabin Fever - Payouts, Procedures, & Event Format

Plymouth Speedway
    Plymouth, Indiana
    Cabin Fever - Payouts, Procedures, & Event Format
    Friday, April 12th & Saturday, April 13th
    UMP Late Models
    UMP Modifieds
    Super Streets
    Thunder Stocks
    Unrestricted 600 Non-Wing Mini Sprints
    Restricted 600 Winged Mini Sprints

Link to page below
    http://www.plymouthspeedway.net/cabi...nformation.htm
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1

I have a hard time believing that they are going to get many late models to show for $1000 to win. Two days of racing for $1000? If they ran late models weekly then you might get some guys showing up, but two late model events for the entire year? You're going to have to up the purse to pull any competition. A $3000 purse could easily pull guys from Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan, maybe even a few from NW Ohio. I'd like to see the late model division grow in the area. not a lot of places to go in northern IN to watch any late model action.

Default LM payout not that bad . . .

Thanks Brownstown for the reply. We are paying $500 to win for the Friday shootout winner as well. We are not requiring anyone to attend both days and drivers can choose. We hope most will attend both days and have some fun with us Fri night, but it is their choice. Even though $1000 to win isn't as much as some other tracks pay, it does pay quite fair through the field. I recommend looking at other tracks' posted payouts. Also, our pay isn't based upon car count. It is guaranteed no matter the car count. That is something other tracks don't do.

We are inviting LM teams/drivers to give the newest IN dirt track a try. We don't know how much support we will get from LM's so it is difficult to throw a bunch of money at it, but we feel the payout is fair, espcially adding in the potential for some bonuses with the shootout, fast qualifier $$, and other bonuses that are being put together by our fans (go to www.stockcarextreme.com for one of those bonuses that are being added to the purse).

We will be using this event to determine if we are going to add any other LM shows this year. We are excited to host the MI Dirt Cup LM event on Aug 3, but you never know what track owner Ed Kennedy will want to do! We hope some crate lates from IL join us for the Cabin Fever as well. Maybe a bonus is in order for a crate late to win . . . hmm interesting (I have to thank Nate Stephens for that one).

We hope to see many drivers and fans at Plymouth not only for the Cabin Fever but beyond. We are more than ready for our first season of dirt racing!

I think the decision to go dirt racing in 2013 is a good one!.. I hope you find interest in all your divisions, but being a fan of dirt late model racing, I certainly hope you find interest in this class as well! It looks like you have a loyal fan base which is awesome. I've been living in NW Indiana for about 4 years now... your change to dirt has caught my attention and I'm looking forward to checking out the track for the first time this spring!

Quote Originally Posted by brownstownfanPU View Post
    I have a hard time believing that they are going to get many late models to show for $1000 to win. Two days of racing for $1000? If they ran late models weekly then you might get some guys showing up, but two late model events for the entire year? You're going to have to up the purse to pull any competition. A $3000 purse could easily pull guys from Indiana, Illinois, and Michigan, maybe even a few from NW Ohio. I'd like to see the late model division grow in the area. not a lot of places to go in northern IN to watch any late model action.
    THATS NOT 2 DAYS OF RACING. THE FIRST DAY IS PRACTICE DAY PLUS GIVING THE GUYS THAT DO SHOW UP A CHANCE TO RUN FOR A BIT OF MONEY WHILE PRACTING.
    They will pill draw the next day. Remember this is the first year for the track being dirt. You have to walk before you can run. The Plymouth Speedway was an asphalt track for almost 50 years. I've gave them some advice and I think they've welcomed it. They have been given some advice from some of the best promoters in the region and some of the top drivers and they all say the same thing; take your time make sure you are able to get this dirt racing thing down correctly and treat the drivers with respect and mostly likely they will return. The way the track is shaped is absolutely awesome. Just give these folks some time to get this thing right and I GUARANTEE YOU they will be one of the TOP tracks in the region. Don't under estimate what they are able to accomplish just give them some time. P.S. they will get guys a bunch from Michigan. Most Michigan driver aren't used to race for a $1,000 to win & $150 to start. Have you looked at weekly payouts for Michigan tracks? To say their horrible is an understatement.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 02-21-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - 5/25 Shadyhill
    2024 Season: 7 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Fairbury (IL) 2, Farmer City (IL) 1, Grundy Co (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 1, & Shadyhill (IN) 1