Default Stock Firewall/Floorboard thickness

Anyone know how thick, gauge wise (16? 18?), the stock firewall and floorboards of a GM Metric car are? Making a new one and it is supposed to be equal to or thicker than the stock one. Thanks

Clark

Default If your running UMP rules.

The floorpan and firewalls must be stock in appearance and be complete on both the driver and passenger side of the vehicle. The front firewall must be a maximum of 12”-inches behind the rear edge of the engine block. The floorpan and firewalls (front and rear) may be repaired and/or fabricated, but must retain stock appearance and stock material thickness. The minimum thickness for replacement material / patches on the floorpan will be .060” with the maximum being .125”-inch magnetic steel.

Default Local Rules

We don't run UMP, but that gives me a ballpark range to go with. Thanks.

Clark

16 gauge is what it should be from factory.
    white trash motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    16 gauge is what it should be from factory.
    16 gauge!!??!!?? that thing would be a tank! thats .060 thick or dam near 1/8! last time i measured they used something around .040 or so. we use .049 as a replacment in imca and its thicker than stock.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    16 gauge!!??!!?? that thing would be a tank! thats .060 thick or dam near 1/8! last time i measured they used something around .040 or so. we use .049 as a replacment in imca and its thicker than stock.
    then why dose most factory sheet metal reproducers boldly advertize 16 gauge,"same as factory" thickness's??
    white trash motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by dirty white boy View Post
    then why dose most factory sheet metal reproducers boldly advertize 16 gauge,"same as factory" thickness's??
    show me..a link will be fine.

I have been trying to figure out the stock thickness, not stock+undercoating+paint+rust layer. I think stock car is right on the rough size. Imca and our local tracks mandate 0.049" replacement. I think ump does the 0.060" to discourage replacement. I have a feeling stock is 0.049 or slightly less. One needs to sandblast a piece and measure it, I never have had time to.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    16 gauge!!??!!?? that thing would be a tank! thats .060 thick or dam near 1/16!
    fixed it...

and going off memory, my old camaro was 18 gauge...which according to this chart is .0478 bare.

http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/sc...heetmetal.html