Default Oil restrictors ?????

have a roller SBC i have always used them in the past but noticed that our crate does not use them. would think it is because it is hydraulic lifters. can you pull out the restrictors on a solid lift or should you keep them in.

Keep them in for the solid lifters.
    I ran restrictors in one of my hydraulic motors, less than 415 lift / less than 6500 rpm and run fine. Never tried it on a customers.
    Gator Engineering

Quote Originally Posted by twisterf5 View Post
    have a roller SBC i have always used them in the past but noticed that our crate does not use them. would think it is because it is hydraulic lifters. can you pull out the restrictors on a solid lift or should you keep them in.

Most solid rollers are restricted to begin with plus if you have pin oiling its not a good idea to restrict oil to the lifters and with most roller cams they are high lift and you need oil to cool the springs if you not using spray bars in the covers.

As cnc said, valve springs will last longer without them. I quit running restrictors a long time ago. If you have a good pan and don't go too crazy on the oil pump you won't have any oil issues.
    It'll be fine

^^^^^^^^^^ditto^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?