Default Pure stock Engine Cam

I have a pure stock mustang motor from a salvage yard...I dont know much about mustang motors but what would be the prefered aftermarket Cam , springs, and timing gear to run...Remember this is a pure stock Motor but we can use aftermarket parts on it..any help would be greatfuljosh

That is a pretty open question...what size is the track,where are the rest of the rules,what is the tire rollout?
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

the rules stat all stock parts but ...Aftermarket timing gear allowed to match cam key type. No external adjuster. No aftermarket timing covers (must be one-piece). No roller cam or rockers. Maximum 450 lift.everything else is stock parts for a 1984 ford mustang with Towel City Retread 205/60/13 (77 compound) tires on 8 inch rimsand its a small dirt track...short straights short corners

I have a hydraulic cam that is .442 lift,108 lobe center 260 duration,with the matching followers and valve springs,it was a kit i purchased a few years back,ran it for about 3 nights...didnt care for it on our 1/4 mile track...ill make you a good deal on it...does me no good sitting on the shelf.

Also have a "stock" set of 5.4 rods and pistons(needs rings)...these were made by Ford for the 2.3...i feel those would really give you an advantage,but its up to you if you want to dabble in the gray areas.
    Last edited by car62; 03-23-2013 at 09:57 PM.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

1988......... I'll make a small wager that car62's hardware will work just fine in your application! -Dave-